23 September 2013

Morning skincare routine



Dear diary,

On weekdays I get up at 6:45 and have a shower where I use some sort of cleanser. Instead of using a towel I take paper tissues to pat-dry my face. I normally use two of them to get my whole face and neck area. I always keep a box of tissues in my bathroom.



First I start with a serum over my face and neck area. Then I gently apply my eye cream by patting it only under my eyes as my eye lids tend to get very oily.

After that I have 3 options:
  1. I use any day cream with SPF30 and then I apply foundation, this I do more during the colder months.
  2. I put on a moisturizing cream, on top of that I put my SPF50 lotion to really protect my skin from sun exposure during the warmer months and then I apply foundation.
  3. I skip moisturizing and go directly to my foundation but I mix a BB cream with SPF50 with a darker foundation in order to get the right tone, as BB creams are usually too light for me, even the darkest tone. This I do when I'm running late but I still put a bit of my SPF50 lotion on my nose as I hate my sunglasses leaving an ugly demarcation.

When I'm using a lower sunscreen factor I set my foundation with my loose SPF50 powder. I have some ugly hyper pigmentation marks on my forehead and jawline but I love sunbathing and I couldn't ever give that up so, instead, I try to protect my skin from further sun damage and hope my foundation is covering up those dark spots.

I'm currently using:


  • Mary Kay timewise 3-in-1 cleanser for combination to oily skin. 
  • Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator serum
  • Mary Kay timewise repair volu-firm eye renewal cream
  • Mary Kay timewise repair volu-firm day cream with spf 30
  • ANESSA (Shiseido) perfect essence sunscreen spf 50+ PA ++++
  • ALLIE (Kanebo) BB lotion with spf 50+ PA+++
  • Mary Kay timewise matte-wear cream foundation for combination to oily skin
  • UVLAB mineral powder spf 50 PA+++

For the love of sharing,