15 September 2013

Suncare products

Dear diary,

Summer is almost over but I'm still enjoying the beach on the weekends. I just came back from a 3-day vacation on my favorite island: Formentera and I wanted to share with you the suncare products I usually take with me on a beach holiday.

My first concern is my hair:
Sunsilk crema de cuidado para el verano
Sunsilk Leave in sun protection cream with UV filters.

It's a UV protection in the form of a hair conditioner, I wet my hair and leave it in. I also reapply each time after swimming. It is a 200ml bottle and it contains hydrating coconut oil which also gives it a clear summer, beachy scent. The price I don't remember but it was very affordable.

For face, three products:
Vichy Capital Soleil 50+ micro-fluide face
Vichy Capital Soleil 50+ protective micro-fluid face for combination to oily skin.

I bought this two years ago trying to find the perfect sunscreen lotion/cream that wouldn't leave my oily skin like a light bulb. As it didn't meet my expectations I carry it with me anyway and have my husband use it instead. It's supposed to be a lotion for combination to oily skin but it doesn't wear well under my make up. It's a 40ml bottle, you have to shake it well before using and it says it has UVB and UVA protection, it doesn't contain any perfume or parabens.
ANESSA perfect essence sunscreen SPF50+
Anessa perfect essence sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ by Shiseido.

This one's perfect to wear under make up. I bought it in Tokyo earlier this year and it's a watery formula that absorbs immediately and doesn't have that particular sunscreen scent that I absolutely hate. It's only 12ml because it came as a gift with a BB cream but I bought a bigger bottle for around 20€, if I'm not mistaken.
Aqua Barrier UV Water SPF 25++
Aqua Barrier UV water SPF25 PA++.

This last one is in spray form and has only SPF 25 PA++ but I though it would come in handy to reapply over make up without smudging it. I haven't used it much and I think it's a bit too thick, I thought it would be more like a watery mist. I also bought this one in Tokyo and don't remember how much I paid for it. It's a 50ml bottle and you have to shake it well before spraying it on, I suppose, because I can't read japanese, lol.
St Tropez SPF50 high protection for face with tan enhancer
St Tropez SPF 50 High Protection for Face with Tan Enhancer.

Last year I bought some St Tropez products because Kandee Johnson swears by them and I wanted to give them a try. It's a cream texture but doesn't absorb too well so I use it on my chest area. It's supposed to have a tan enhancer (that's why I bought it) but I haven't seen any difference from other creams. The price, if a recall correctly, was about 25€.
Vichy Capital Soleil SPF50+ hydra-milk body
Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50+ Hydra-Milk body

This one I use on my shoulders and any sensitive area where I need extra protection. It's a big 100ml bottle and it's paraben and fragrance free. It's a very thick formula so you need to work it well into the skin but it does a great job. As for the price I can't remember what I paid for it, I bought it from the internet along with some other VICHY products at a huge discount.
Garnier Delial Ambre Solaire Golden Protect SPF20
Garnier Delial Ambre Solaire Golden Protect SPF 20 with light reflecting particles.

I alternate between SPF 20 and SPF 30 depending on how tan I am. It's a golden yellow lotion very much the color of the bottle itself. It's a lightweight but moisturizing formula that absorbs immediately. It features some tiny golden reflecting particles that make you glow in the sun like a vampire out of the Twilight saga. It comes in a 200ml bottle and retails for about 12€.
Clinique lip gloss SPF15
As for lip protection I'm using a lip gloss by Clinique in the shade (I don't know because all the info has faded)-it could be guava gold: a golden tawny peach but that's guessing. I remember it said it had SPF 15. It's long lasting but very very sticky, it's very hydrating and shimmery but I'll look for one with a higher protection factor next year.

I carry all this products in a smaller bag so I can find them easily in my huge beach bag:
Cosmetic bag by Nice Things

Beach bag by ALEHOP

Small bag: came as a present with a magazine, I think. The inside is cloth and the outside is plastic, perfect for the beach. It has a zipper to close it so the products won't fall out and into my beach bag.

Beach bag: 15€ from ALEHOP with a 1€ decorative puppet brooch.

Hopefully I won't have to wait a lot to use this stuff again.

For the love of sharing,