13 October 2013

Asphyxia


Dear diary,

No, I'm not having trouble breathing, it's just my new Urban Decay eye shadow with which I'm so obsessed about since I bought it a couple of weeks ago. It's a gorgeous duo-chromed shadow in a light purple color.
Urban Decay Asphyxia eye shadow
I own a few UD palettes: the "old" Ammo palette which was my first ever UD product, the 15th Anniversary palette and the Smoked one, I also have the build your own palette which is why I thought of getting the Asphyxia shadow to fill my yet empty (but one) palette.
Urban Decay Asphyxia eye shadow
And no, I don't own any NAKED palette, I'm not that much of a neutral kind of gal, I love using color combinations and I don't need that many brown/copper/golden hues. I really wanted to purchase the LORAC PRO palette but I haven't been successful yet, I'll have to wait until March, when a friend of mine is going to the U.S.

I had nothing special planned for yesterday but as I've just recovered from a bad stomach flu I decided to get myself pampered up and put on a full-face make up only to go shopping for groceries:
Make up products
Face:

Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer
Base: Dior Airflash foundation in 300 medium beige
Foundation brush: flat kabuki brush from Coastal scents
Concealer: bo-ing in 01 from Benefit
Concealer brush: Real Techniques domed shadow brush
Eye primer: Urban Decay primer potion
Setting powder: Studio Fix from MAC in NW30
Powder brush: Real Techniques multi task brush
Highlighter: Pearls from Deliplus (Supermarket brand)
Highlighter brush: duo fiber from IQQU
Blush: sweetheart eye shadow from the Stila lovely eye palette

Eyes:

Make Up For Ever aqua cream in 01 Anthracite as a base, applied with fingers
Asphyxia from UD blended into the crease, C433 Pro Blending brush from CS
Polyester bride from UD in the tearduct area,  Frontcover rounder shader brush
Chinois from Stila on the brow bone, Frontcover fluff + buff brush
24/7 Glide-on eye pencil from UD in Perversion to the tight line
MUFE aqua eyes in 11L purple on the waterline
Black liquid eye liner from BeYu and blackout eye shadow from UD to soften the line
Dramatical eyes base for lashes from Shiseido
False lashes volum' express mascara from Maybelline

Lips:

Maybelline lip liner in 132 sweet pink
Dior Addict lipstick in 433 délice
L'Óreal Glam Shine gloss in 407 Magnetic nude glow

Setting spray: Baby face mist from ARITAUM

I wanted to give my recently bought Airflash foundation a second chance as I had only tried it once before and was not happy with the results. I only used the foundation without applying a base primer or any setting powder on top just to see how it would last on my oily skin: I was looking like light bulb within the first half hour. 

This time I decided to prep my skin carefully with a primer, powder and setting spray and the results have been completely different, I only had to blot my face twice at 5 and 7 hours of wear and after a total of 10 hours I still had some foundation left: a bit patchy but I'd only used one thin layer of foundation without building it up. 

As for the shade, it matched my skin perfectly thanks to the Sephora color IQ. It's very simple, you go to their website, choose a foundation you're currently using that matches your skin color and they give you a color IQ number, I'm IR09. So when you want to buy a different brand you only need to find the one that matches your number without needing to go in store personally, perfect for online shopping!

I also look for online pictures of swatches to be more certain before choosing the winner. I always choose the lighter shade when in doubt as it's easier to build up that down and many foundations tend to oxidize with time which means they get darker than what they show in the bottle.

For the love of sharing,