2 October 2013

September empties


Dear diary,

I've run out of some products, this first one died on me just when I was beginning to like it a lot, especially now that autumn has finally arrived. It's a beautiful plum gloss named Gilded Violet by Estée Lauder. I like the brush-like applicator, it gives you a smooth finish and it makes it very quick and precise to apply. I've never enough time to use a lip brush to put my lipstick on, so this has been a great alternative. I think I got it as a present for an online order at Strawberrynet and I've had it for quite a while but never got around to using it until recently. Now I regret not having anything left because it didn't dry out my lips at all and that's hard to find.
Gilded Violet gloss by Estée Lauder
The following two products I "bought" at my mom's: so she had them hiding in her bathroom cupboard for the longest time ever, even the expiry date had prescribed, lol...

I hate wasting products so I took them home with me and used them during the summer. They are just some random affordable make up remover from NIVEA and toner from our local supermarket MERCADONA.

Nothing to comment on these, they weren't particularly bad but I wouldn't repurchase them unless I find them at my mom's...
NIVEA make up remover lotion

Deliplus facial tonic
This serum I looooove, I was using the Advance Night Repair by Estée Lauder as well but I got tackled by an advertisement in a nondescript beauty magazine and I was sold. It promises to even out your skintone by getting rid of spots and hyperpigmentation and at the same time illuminates your skin and makes it look younger. I really can't tell if it works but I love the texture, faint scent and as for the illumination part it really gives your skin some sort of iridescent glow. It's somewhat on the expensive side but I always wait to get a discount or coupon to purchase it at a lower price. I think it retails for just below 100€ and I last bought it for 67€.
Estée Lauder Idealist serum
Another Estée Lauder product, this eye cream I use at night time as it's a rich formula. I have very oily skin, especially around my eyes so I don't like using such thick creams at day time as I want my make up to stay fresh and matte for as long as possible. As for the price, I don't remember what I paid for it but I am guessing about 35€.
Estée Lauder Resilience Lift
This base coat from Nails inc. London I won't purchase again, I found it too expensive for it's quality, I think I paid about 12€ at Sephora.  I suppose you pay for the name: Caviar base coat, wow! but not really... it's too thick and gooey so it's almost impossible to put a thin layer and it begins to peel off after three days or even less, so a big no-no from me.
Nails inc. Caviar base coat
And of course, a bottle of sun lotion. Summer is almost over, well it really is over, but we still have some nice sunny weather (28-29ºC) so I'm still using a lot of this stuff. Retail price is around 10-12€ for 200ml and it's a nice texture, it absorbs quickly and doesn't have an overpowering scent.
Nivea sun SPF 20

And that was it for now.

I'm really wanting to try out some new products and let you know what I think of them.

For the love of sharing,