4 December 2013

Blueberry-chocolate cake


Dear diary,

I'm taking a few days off and going to visit a friend who lives up north (brrrrr) so packing has been a major pain in the butt but I think I'm done now.

I've prepared a cake to share with my friend for breakfast.
Blueberry-chocolate cake
Ingredients:

- 300gr flour
- 300gr sugar (I've used half white and half brown sugar)
- 90gr butter
- 100gr dark chocolate
- 125gr blueberries
- 6 large eggs
- teaspoon of baking powder
- sprinkle of vanilla

Grease and flour a tube pan. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks + butter + sugar until achieving a very smooth and creamy mixture.
Chop the dark chocolate into tiny bits.
Stir together the flour and the baking powder and then beat the flour and chocolate into the creamed mixture.
Beat the egg whites stiff and gently fold them into the mixture.
Spread the batter evenly into the pan. Add the blueberries on top.
Bake for 45 minutes.

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything too important.

For the love of food,