9 December 2013

Starwood Hotel Marqués de Riscal Luxury Collection Elciego-Spain


Dear diary,

I've just come back from a short but great vacation.
Starwood Hotel Marques de Riscal
One of my BFFs works at this psychedelic hotel, design by Frank Gehry, in a town called Elciego (Spain). We stayed at her place, not the hotel, for a few days and had the most amazing time.

We've been visiting a few vineyards, this is a picture of the so-called graveyard at R. López de Heredia Viña Tondonia:
Wine bottles
Yes, those are wine bottles covered in layers and layers of mossy mold, they don't even clean them up before selling them, they just clean the top to be able to stamp a sealing wax and then they wrap them in tissue. This prevents the wine from being shaken and it also helps to keep it at the same temperature.

They make an excellent white wine, it won't peak for ages (well, for many many years, at least).

When visiting Santo Domingo de la Calzada we had the best bombón coffee ever, you can see the three different layers: condensed milk at the bottom, the coffee and the cream on top, absolutely delicious. We will go back to Café Tertulia for sure.
Bombon coffee
From there we visited Ezcaray and stopped at Troika bar for some refreshing and very well mixed gin & tonics:
Gin & Tonic
Before leaving my friend's house we made a picture of some empty wine bottles we had for lunch, dinner or whatever:
Empty wine bottles
The first time I went to visit my friend there were only 3 Caudalie spas in the world, this one in Marqués de Riscal, the original one in Bordeaux and another at the Plaza Hotel in New York. Now you can find a couple more in France, two in Portugal and one in Turkey.
Caudalie Spa Marqués de Riscal
I've tried some of their products and I'm dying to try out the Premier Cru cream my friend brought me when she came visiting in November. I just asked her to tell me the retail price as she gets an employee discount but instead she gifted me the cream as an early Christmas present.

Tati from GlamLifeGuru has mentioned this cream over and over again until she made me want it very badly, I hope it's worth it. Although I really won't mind because I love trying out new products, I can never settle for the same one for too long.

For the love of sharing,