12 January 2014

Best in beauty 2013


Dear diary,

Here are my favourite products of 2013, I've only listed only the products that have really worked for me during the last year.

In the make up department:
Favourite make up products and tools 2013
My heated eyelash curler, the Duo adhesive lash glue, the Aritaum Baby Face mist that I use as a primer, eyelashes from a 100-yen store in Tokyo, the Maybelline eyeliner gel in black, the Sephora mascara comb+eyelid protector, the Urban Decay Anti-aging  Primer Potion and the Integrate (Shisheido) brow pencil in ash, I suppose as I can't read Japanese...


Hair care (I have oily, fine and very sparse hair):
Favourite hair care products 2013
The Macadamia shampoo, conditioner, masque, leave in conditioner and argan oil, go here for more information. My Tangle Teezer hair brush in leopard print and the Batiste dry shampoo.

Body (normal skin):
Favourite body products 2013
Garnier Delial SPF 20 body lotion, I really love this product, it's not sticky at all, absorbs really quick and leaves a golden glow to the skin. Shower gel + body lotion from Yves Rocher in Comme une Evidence, my favourite fragrance, it lingers for a very long time. For every day use the Nivea under the shower rinse-off body lotion, I can't stop talking about this product, more about this here.


Face (oily skin):
Favourite beauty products 2013
My two favourite serums: Clarins double serum and the Estee Lauder Perfectionist. Mary Kay Timewise moisturizing face mask. Estee Lauder Advance Night repair eye cream and the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.

Make up brushes:
Favourite make up brushes 2013
Real Techniques and Coastal Scents are so far my favourite brands. I'm wanting to try out the beauty blender or the Real Techniques dupe but so far I'm sticking to foundation brushes. I also like the CVS one as it is so wide that you can put on foundation in 3 swipes when you are in a hurry, but I tend to use the flat top kabuki from Coastal Scents the most as it doubles up for putting on powder and sometimes I also use it to contour my face by using the edges to make a sharp mark and then blend it out.

As for eye shadow brushes I'm loving the white one for blending (B-32 pro blending fluff brush from Coastal Scents), it's a dupe for the 217 from MAC, which I'm wanting to try and see if it really is worth all the hype and the B-52 Classic angle natural brush also from Coastal Scents, this one is perfect for using on the crease, it creates the most perfect sideways V shape.

Other random favourites of mine have been:

TV series: Scandal, Awkward and Downton Abbey.
Books: Twilight, The Hunger Games and the Century Trilogy by Ken Follett.
Candles: Yankee candle, as I haven't tried any other brand…
Youtuber: Tanya Burr, Janelle from Elleandish and Maru the cat from Mugumogu.
Make up guru: The make up chair by Sineadycady.

Congratulations to all the winners!