21 January 2014

Huge LUSH haul


Dear diary,

Yesterday I received my first ever LUSH order, yay!
Lush cosmetics
I first came across a Lush store when I was visiting London so it must have been the one on Regent street. I loved the store's layout and the product's simple but cute packaging, but I've just become aware that most of all I loved the lettering, it seems handmade just like their products. I'd never heard of the brand before that day (I think this was like 3 or 4 years ago).

I only purchased a bath bomb as I found it quite expensive for just one use, but you know when you are on holiday you just want to forget about money and have yourself a well-deserved treat, so I went back to the hotel that evening and I immediately run a bath.

The following day I went back to the store and bought some more bath bombs and a Bubblegum lip scrub as I have very dehydrated lips and thought this might help out but I'll tell that story in a later post, this is to give you an idea of how much I loved the bath bomb. I'd never tried anything like it. It really darkened my bath water unlike any other product that I've used and it gave it an amazingly strong scent that lingered on my skin while also leaving it smooth and silky. I immediately felt more relaxed and well rested after the long day of work, touring the city and shopping.

Since then I've been buying bath bombs like crazy every time I was on holiday where I could find a Lush store, so I've been to Lush stores in London, San Francisco and Tokyo, I don't know about Dublin, I can't put my finger on it.

When I used my last bath bomb this Christmas I thought about going online and see if they had an online store as I knew they had opened Lush stores in Spain but far, far away... To my surprise they have opened more stores than the logical Madrid and Barcelona (both 4 and 6 hours away) but still not close enough.

Last week I came upon the perfect sale item: Just 3 letters to name it WOW.I must say the name lives up to the product itself, or do I need to say products? It was 50% off so I couldn't let it pass, it all came in a huge and sturdy box like this one:
It was filled with a ton of goodies in cell-like individual cages, covered in foam balls for protection.
It came with 10 different bath bombs, 6 different 120gr soaps, 4 bubble bars, 2 bath melts, 1 golden Fun, 3 shower gels (100gr), 1 body lotion (100gr), a massage bar a lip scrub and lip balm. All the products are Christmas related but I don't care, at only 99,98€ I have some delicious Lush products to last me until next Christmas.
WOW Christmas box 2013
It also came with some sample products wrapped up in the usual yellow paper bag: two big size soaps (Bohemian and Miranda) and four small cream samples:
Lush samples & freebies
I love the way it came signed by the person that prepared the sample package and I have to thank her (Laura) as the web said I was only getting two samples, I chose a moisturizing cream for oily skin Enzymion and One man one cream for the hubby. The other two are the ultrabland, a coldcrem and let the good times roll, a cleanser.

For the lush of sharing,