20 February 2014

Make up must have


Dear diary,

It's Thursday again, this means it's time for another post for the #BOBBlogChallenge hosted by the very talented Samantha. This week's topic is going to be about our make up must haves but I can only think of one item that I really couldn't be without.

The Urban Decay Primer Potion.



When I started wearing make up (not so long ago) I got really annoyed at eyeshadows and eyeliners moving around freely without my permission. When I heard about eye primers I immediately went on the hunt. At first I tried some drugstore brands: NYX, Deliplus (Mercadona), Beyu, Mary Kay, none of these helped so I thought: lets go high end. In came MAC's Prep + Prime Eye and the Stay don't Stray from Benefit: no luck there either. One day while at Sephora they recommended me the Too Faced Shadow Insurance but it was sadly out of stock.

Then I thought about purchasing the UDPP as a lot of bloggers raved about it but I didn't want to splash out again for nothing. Then the Smoked palette was released and it came with a sample sized primer potion, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.

I've never gone back to another primer, it works perfectly and it makes my eye make up stay in place for the longest time ever. I never ever thought that was possible or I wouldn't have gotten rid of my few MAC eye shadows.

When the anti-ageing formula came out last year I went online and ordered the regular size tube. It works as good as the original one and if it really has some anti-ageing ingredients, the better. At 41 you need all the extra help you can get...

My next task is to find an eyeliner that will hold for more than half an hour on my waterline, any recommendations?