13 March 2014

Best of beauty: budget product


Dear diary, 

It's 7:15 GMT + 1 so less than an hour to post this entry and I'm having major problems with my internet connection and I'm writing on my iPad aka disaster blogging day.

This week's #BOBBlogChallenge is about featuring our budget product.

I've decided to choose an item I've not seen mentioned before in a blog, it's not very budget friendly you could say but I could argue that, if I had the time to.


This is my eye lash curler, it's the heated kind, sorry but I haven't had the time to check the correct name out. As some of you may know my mother tongue is Spanish so I sometimes find it difficult to translate to English.

It's supposed to be used after you've applied your mascara but before it has completely dried so when it does dry your eyelashes remain the way you've curled them and it will hold that curl forever, well for a very long time at least.

The important thing to bear in mind is to not brush it through your lashes as you would with your mascara or they will clump up, you only need to hold it in place for about 10 seconds and you're done.

It works with a AA battery and it has an on/off button with a red lamp that lights up to tell you it's on. You just have to wait a few seconds (while you put your mascara on) and it's ready for use. 

It's sold for around 10€ and you may think it's not that budget friendly but it will last you for ages. The regular eyelash curlers are more affordable but they say you need to replace the rubber pad every 3 months with daily use and replace the whole curler after 6 months to avoid damage to the eye or lashes. I'm well aware nobody follows that rule but eventually you'll have to purchase a new one whereas this curler will remain in good condition forever, well almost.

As it heats up you may find this uncomfortable to have near your eyes but I can assure you it won't burn your lashes or your lid. I can only vouch for this brand and my personal experience as every person is different in terms of heat sensitivity and such.

I really hope you've found this useful as it is 6.59 GMT and I need to post this STAT...

For the love of sharing (30 minutes later: damn you DSL connection)