20 March 2014

BOB: Beauty treatment


Dear diary,

We're almost at the end of Sam's Best Of Beauty Blogger Challenge, only one more to go and I'm having the best of time getting to know all the amazing bloggers that participate.

This topic is quite difficult for me to talk about from experience as I'm very weird as in like I'd rather go to the dentist than visit my hairdresser's. Everybody else seems to enjoy or even fall asleep when they are getting a scalp massage while with me it's like: are you done yet? I really don't like people touching me.

Luckily I have a friend who owns a salon and I just pop in twice a year for a quick cut and let my hair air dry, I don't have the patience to sit for hours while they style my hair.

I've only once gotten a massage, it wasn't that bad but it's not something I like spending money on. As for facial treatments I've never had any, I just don't see the point. I've always been very good with my cleansing routine (morning and nighttime) and I exfoliate and use different treatment masks once in a while.

So instead I'll talk about a different kind of beauty? treatment: IPL (Intense Pulse Light) hair removal.

Image taken from Wikimedia Commons

I started by getting my legs done about 4 or 5 years ago, I only had 3 sessions in the winter time and I immediately noticed a difference. The second year I had 2 sessions and was good to go for the whole summer needing only to shave my legs a few times. After that I started having my armpits and my bikini line done as well. Now I only need to go once a year as you barely can see any hair growing back.

I'm not very hairy so that has been key in me not needing that many sessions to get to this stage, it really depends on different factors like skin and hair colour, hair texture and such. They adjust the temperature depending on the area your getting done and they'll test the setting by asking if you feel something more than a tiny little sting. The moment it hurts you just ask them to lower the setting.

As for the price, I started paying 30€ per area. I used to buy some 6-sessions ticket for the price of 5, paying 25€ per area. Areas being: 2 for both legs, armpits, bikini line and 2 for both arms.

This year I switched over to a different salon as they have a special offer on Thursdays where you only pay 20€ per zone being both half-legs one zone. I don't have any hair on my upper legs so that saves me some cash, well not really: I'll normally persuade myself to spend the 40€ that I saved with this deal. It usually goes toward some make up or cosmetics, because I always need more, of course.

See y'all next week for the final post, I hope. I'll be posting from Jerusalem if the wifi from the hotel works properly. Is it GMT+2 over there? I think so.

Have a great day tomorrow and a better weekend!