17 March 2014

Nom nom nom!


Dear diary,

The best thing about being a Hobbit is that they have like 14 meals a day. Where can I sign up for that?

As you might have guessed topic 6 for Gaby's #2014BloggerChallenge is anything food related that we can whisk up.



I decided to tell you some random facts about my relationship with food:
  1. The only food that I don't like: brussels sprouts, avocados and cow tongue.
  2. Weird/disgusting food that I actually do like: snails, brains, pigs' ears.
  3. My best gourmet vacation: Tokyo, Sushi Zanmai being one of my fave restaurants.
  4. My mother owned an Indonesian restaurant near Barcelona before I was born.
  5. I'm a carnivore, I like all kinds of meat (excluding the cow tongue).
  6. I twice made the hubby drive 230km out of course and another 230km back just to go to my favourite restaurant in Spain: Las Piscinas in Villacarriedo (Santander).
  7. Granada is my favourite city in Spain, you can find the best tapas at Los Diamantes. I tell you it's worth the 400km drive.
  8. I enjoy the simplest food, my go-to dish when I have nothing else in the fridge is: Arroz a la Cubana. It's just cooked white rice with fried eggs, a fried banana and some tomato sauce (not ketchup).
  9. When in London I like going to Yo! Sushi, I love watching the dishes parade in front of me. Last time I was there I went on my own for Sumo sundays and had 15 plates.
  10. I like staying at the Paradores hotels in Spain as they serve an amazing breakfast, I usually get up very early (08:00) and don't leave until they close (11:00). 
  11. Once I was kindly asked to leave an all you can eat-buffet restaurant.
  12. I don't like being rude so I'll never complain about the food, at a restaurant, at least. I'll just refrain from going there ever again. To my husband I use to complain all the time (according to him).
  13. You could conclude that I'm a great chef, but no, I'm not completely awful but I'm not good either. It's just something that needs to be done and the alternative (aka hubby) is way worse...
I hope you enjoyed reading this, I thought it would be nice to share a more personal post with y'all.

For the love of food,