31 March 2014

Spring haul


Dear diary,

After a self-imposed spending ban in February I couldn't wait for March to come and here you can see the damage inflicted to my bank account:


Hand & Soul lotions by Kinetics, I got the Hibiscus & Rosewater, the Mandarin & Bergamot and the Jasmine & White Musk. I didn't know this brand but I liked the packaging and how amazing they smelled, I got them with a 3X2 offer at 12€ each for 250ml/8.45 fl oz. They are very light weight, absorb very quickly leaving no sticky residue whatsoever and your hands feel silky soft afterwards.

Soap and Glory Hand food, I asked a friend to get it for me from her trip to London. It's my first Soap and Glory product and it will not be the last. It smells as amazing as everybody keeps saying so I had to get it and try it for myself. Very cheap: my friend didn't let me pay her back.

Cristalinas Fruit delight hand cream, I've also purchased it in Peony garden and in Rose petals but I keep those at the office so I couldn't include them in the picture. I like that they are small enough (30ml) to carry with you in your purse. They are strongly scented, in a good way, and they are supposed to contain only natural ingredients which makes them somewhat expensive at 5€ each.


A manicure cushion: it really helps with painting your nails more comfortably and an air blower for reducing their drying time. These 2 items I purchased at a beauty fair I like going to, it's not very fancy but you can always find interesting stuff you never thought of getting. I also got a few nail art accessories and some hair pins/clips.

China glaze orange cuticle oil, my Soap and Co one is on its last legs.

L'Óreal nail polishes in white: 857 Chantilly lace, light blue: 853 Menthe glade and lilac: 851 Nouvelle vague, just perfect for spring. The white goes on opaque in 2 coats and they have the most perfect wide brush applicator. At only 3€ they are my favourite budget buy.

Mavala nail polish thinner. I couldn't find the Seche Restore so I went for this one instead.


Alqvimia Ylang Ylang cleansing emulsion and Orange blossom water mist/toner. I wanted to try out this brand for the longest time and now I know why I didn't before: ex-pen-sive. They were like 50% off at the fair so I thought: now or never! I want to do a full review of them later on so I'll just say it's a spanish brand that only uses natural ingredients.

Moisturizing mask with hydro-hyaluronic acid and 24k gold particles by Natur Nùa, never heard of this before but anything that sparkles I have to bring home with me. Actually I have used this a few times and it leaves my skin very glowy.

Tea tree oil, just a random one to use as an antibacterial by following Tati's advice and mix a few drops with water into a spray bottle.

Rose hip oil by Natur Nùa to regenerate the skin around my tattoos and also to apply on some hyper-pigmentation spots and pray for them to fade away.

All of this I got at the beauty fair as well, hugely discounted I might add.


MUFE Aqua Brows in 35 Taupe, it's a bit dark for me but I can work with it.

L´Óreal True Match in D3-W3 Golden Beige. I'm curious to find out if this is such an amazing drugstore foundation as some youtubers claim. One remark though: at 17€ it's a pricey drugstore foundation in my opinion. I found it for 14€ later on that week :(

Real Techniques Expert face brush, had to have it, haven't used it yet.

Beauty blender: finally! OMG why did I take so long to get this. Put a beauty blender in your life ASAP. I'm telling you it's amazing how flawless your foundation and concealer look like as they are so perfectly blended in with your skin.

L´Óreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Lip gloss in 100 Mezzo Pink, a nude baby pink and 500 Molto Mauve, a perfect my lips but better shade, it's sort of a medium browny pink is all I can think of. They have excellent pigmentation and don't dry out your lips, they feel like a thick lip balm without being sticky. They had them at a 2X1 offer at my local Douglas store: yay for great deals!

For the love of shopping,