7 April 2014

Bloggers do spring better


Dear diary,



I couldn't come up with anything special for our first topic given by the lovely Gemma aka Touch of Belle as part of the #Bloggersdoitbetter challenge so I'll just give you a long boring list of things I usually do when Spring comes:

  • I switch over to lighter formulas in skincare and I go for a lighter application of foundation.

  • I exfoliate my skin more often to get rid of any dry patches the winter cold may have left behind and also to prepare my skin for an even tan (fake or real).

  • I'm not a big fake tan user but it is a good way to get a hint of colour before you have the time to go to the beach and acquire a real tan.

  • In case you're like me and don't like using fake tan you can always use a matte bronzer and contour your face or dust it all over for a glowy finish, but don't overdo it or you'll look funny!

  • I use a higher spf (50+) under my foundation. I like using a translucent loose powder I got from my trip to Tokyo that has spf 50 PA++++ for touch-ups. Reapplying sunscreen proves a tad difficult when you're wearing full-on make up so a powder spf is just the greatest invention ever.

  • I also like taking carrot juice and eat more tomatoes to get my skin prepared for sun exposure. I prefer this over taking targeted vitamin supplements as they are quite expensive.

  • As I have oily skin I skip moisturizing masks and use clay/purifying masks instead.

  • I get rid of any split ends and start off the season with healthy shiny hair and, of course I use a spf in spray or leave-in conditioner on my hair as well.

  • Hats are both cute and protect your hair and face from the damaging UV rays.

  • I get my last IPL hair removal session to get rid of all unwanted body hair before the summer and be bikini ready.

  • I paint my nails in happy colours. I prefer pastels, corals and bright colours.

  • I switch over to more floral scents, I've recently become obsessed with the Satsuma range from The Body Shop. Thanks to Allison from Amarixe for having this among her monthly favourites for as long as I'm watching her youtube vids.

  • My wardrobe also gets colourful and I slowly start wearing more dresses, skirts and shorts.

  • I'd like to say that I exercise more with good weather but that would just be a big fat lie.

Hopefully I will be in a better blogger mood for the next topic on 21st April. Come back for a second instalment and check out my fellow blogger's posts that are all linked here.

And what a better start of spring than to win a fab Tanya Burr's lips and nails? Enter my giveaway here.

For the love of sunny days,