10 April 2014

February + March empties


Dear diary,

With so many blog challenges that I was following I'm a bit behind on my empties series, so here I go and show you two months worth of products that I've used up.


This Caudalie grape water mist I had for the longest time. A friend gifted me this and I didn't really had a use for it until I got convinced into using a toner. I have a very oily skin and the toners I had tried in the past left my skin feeling sticky. This spray is very refreshing, has a hint of a grape seed scent to it and doesn't interfere with my oily skin. I love the convenience of spraying it on your face, so quick and easy.


I asked the same friend to get me a Caudalie hand cream but they were out of it and instead she got me the body butter which she claimed was the same thing. It smells the same, it has a nice and subtle fruity scent, but that's about it. It's more sticky than the hand cream and doesn't absorb very well. I haven't tried it as a body moisturizer, though.


Who doesn't have at least 3 or 4 backup bottles of the Batiste dry shampoo? I have 6. I can't believe what a life changer this has been for me. I used to wash my hair every other day, now I only have to wash it twice a week and only because it gets really flat on top.

By Sunday I will have completed my 3-month no-poo challenge, you can read more about it here.


A serum by L'Óreal: the Age Perfect Cell Renew. It has an overpowering fragrance and I'm not particularly against scented creams and such but this one was a bit over the top. I had loved the Youth Code serum so I thought this one might be even better, but no. Not going to repurchase this.


My Clinique rinse-off foaming cleanser. I got this by mistake, a friend needed it so I went and bought it for her at a discount and when I told her she had already gotten one herself. So I ended up using it myself and I have to say it has lasted me a very long time. You only need the smallest amount and it foams up like you wouldn't believe. I used this in the shower after having removed all my make up first.

I have a post on my morning and nighttime skincare routine in case you want to give it a read.

And you can find out why this tube is cut open here.


I like taking some extra vitamins or supplements at intervals. Cod liver oil is supposed to be good for your hair, nails and teeth (among other things). Luckily they come in gelatin capsules because it tastes and smells disgusting.


Babaria nail polish remover. Just the cheapest brand at the drugstore, nothing to comment here. I don't like it that much as you really need to keep rubbing until all the nail polish has come off, but as I said, it's cheap.


Uriage Micellar Solution face wipes. I don't use face wipes very often but I got these as a present with my ELLE magazine subscription. I really loved these, apart from getting all the stubborn make up off, they felt refreshing, nourishing and they smelled amazing. They contain thermal spring water, plant extracts, shea butter and is paraben-free. Now I want to give the Ole Henriksen wipes a try.


For the sake of researching for the #BOBBlogChallenge-Pamper products post I tried these two face masks:

  • Lancôme Blanc Expert Ultimate Whitening Bio Cellulose mask. Radiance, anti-dullness, luminosity. Even days after having used this I got complimented on how well my skin looked liked. 
  • Shu Uemura deepsea moisture replenishing mask.    



And to finish this off: Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme global anti aging cream. What to say about this product? It is a rich formula so I have used it mainly during the winter although I purchased it just before summer last year. I also preferred to use it as a night cream to fully benefit from it's anti aging ingredients as they say skin regenerates at night. The golden packaging is gorgeous and luxurious. I prefer a pot container where you can get up to the last drop of product even though it's less hygienic.

So that's it for now. I have some more empties waiting in my basket but I'll leave them for my April post.

For the love of trying out new products,