8 May 2014

My recent citrus obsession


Dear diary,

Without being aware I've been gravitating towards citrus scented products, more specifically mandarin and orange. I feel both relaxed as well as recharged whenever I use them and I have soon replaced my boring and cheap shower gel and body lotion for the Satsuma range from The Body Shop.


This has been my first contact with The Body Shop. We had a store nearby but I'd never purchased anything as I was happy with my 1€ shower gel and the rest of the products didn't appeal to me that much. If I had gotten some sample back then I would have been addicted from the beginning like the rest of the world.

Meanwhile the store has disappeared and I decided to purchase some goodies in my all time favourite store: online.



I first got the Satsuma body butter (12€), shower gel (6,75€) and body spray (7,50€). I think they must add some addictive ingredient to their products because I can't stop craving for them, if I could I'd shower 5 times per day instead of just 2. They just smell amaze balls.

And more recently I ordered the body puree (7€) that is more like a lotion and the body, room and linen spritz (7€) so I can just spray it around the house whenever I get withdrawal syndrom.

I love the body butter as it has an overpowering scent but as it has a thick formula I also wanted to have something more lightweight to use in the mornings when I'm in a rush to get to work.


Alqvimia Orange Blossom Water mist 200ml.

This is my first product from this brand. It is a Spanish brand that claims to use 100% natural ingredients. I've always wanted to try out their products as a good friend of mine always raves about them but I couldn't get myself over their prices.


At a beauty fair held last April I came across their stand. I asked for some prices and decided I was ready to splurge as I had just ended a self-induced spending ban. Immediately when I got home I googled the brand to see how much I had saved and I almost fainted. This mist retails for 54€ for just plain water!!! Luckily I only paid less than 20€ but still... I've only been using it for one or two weeks and it's down to 2/3.

What have I learned from this? No more spending bans for me, they make me eager to do some credit card damage and I end up purchasing the first thing that pops up regardless of its price #impulsebuy.


This Kinetics Hand & Soul mandarin & bergamot hand lotion I got at the beauty fair as well. It smells amazing, more like mandarin leaves, and is so lightweight that it absorbs in seconds leaving no residue at all. Your hands feel silky soft and completely dry afterwards. I got a reduction for buying 3 bottles and ended up paying 8€ for each.

The orange bar is the Lush Karma soap I got with my January sales purchase, it contains sweet orange oil among other ingredients but I haven't used it yet so I've no further comments at this time.

image taken from www.yankee.co.uk

This candle is on my wish list, I failed to complete my order in time the other day (Mayday) so I couldn't get it with a 15% discount. Now I'm waiting for another offer to pop up and grab it ipso facto (that's Latin for asap you guys, I can do very fancy if I put my mind to it, lol).

I wish you could smell the products from their pictures, I'm sure you'd be sold.

For the love of orangitis,