12 May 2014

Out of order - The Maze Runner series


Dear diary,

I had something in mind for today's post but I don't seem to be able to put my book aside so I've decided to keep this short and tell you why I'm not my usual beauty chatty self.


image taken from www.goodreads.com

I started reading this a couple weeks ago and I didn't like it at all, I found it very boring and childish (sorry guys, you'll have to excuse me as I'm not in my teens anymore, my thirties also gone forever...) but I was committed to reading the whole series to get the overall picture of what this story was about.

I loved reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and I looked up more dystopian books until I found a few and decided to make 2014 a dystopian themed reading year. The Divergent series by Veronica Roth kind of let me down a bit, they are ok but I feel they are targeted to a younger readership. After this I read the Eve trilogy by Anna Carey and liked it better and then I got to The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

I've seen the two Hunger Games movies and I liked the second best, I'll have to wait for the third to come out and watch them in a row to see if they are better that way. 

Although I haven't seen the Divergent movie yet, and didn't like the books, I have the feeling I will like it more than The Hunger Games.

And keeping it weird I liked The Scorch Trials better than The Maze Runner.

image taken from www.goodreads.com

All the silly dialogue with amnesia is kept more natural and the story itself is more entertaining than the first book.

I just started reading The Death Cure this morning during my lunch break at work and the moment I got home and had finished making dinner I sat down at the table, switched on my E-book and continued reading where I had left off while eating my pasta dish.

image taken from www.goodreads.com

I hadn't prepared any posts over the weekend but I already had an idea of what I wanted to write about this week. And then, my plans changed when, for the first time since I started blogging in August last year, I seriously thought about skipping posting today so I could continue reading.

So this is the reason why I'm currently out of order until my next post. I hope y'all are still following me on Thursday!

For the love of a good read,