27 June 2014

Apple lovin'


Dear readers,

In January 2012 my life was forever changed.

A friend of mine was planning a trip to the US and let me tag along so I immediately made a list of the stores I wanted to visit: UGG, Sephora, Forever 21, LUSH, CVS, MAC, Macy's and more.

My mom's boyfriend had just come back from visiting his daughter who lives in the UK. She had an iPad and he found it a very useful and convenient device. We already had a few laptops at home and we still weren't very familiar with the Apple brand so we weren't sold on the iPad publicity that was going around. We also found they were very pricey toys and that they weren't worth the hype.

Even though I had no need for a Tablet device he just kept insisting that I had to get an iPad when in the US as the exchange rate for us Euro users was very good at the time so he gave me the money. At first I didn't like the damn thing, it didn't show the same information I got on my laptop computer so I got bored and gave it to the hubby.

As mobile web sites started improving I got more accustomed to using the iPad and I slowly began to see the advantages of having an Apple OS and now I can't imagine going back to a plain PC.

Last summer I finally decided to start blogging but I wanted a computer of my own without having to share it with the hubby. I was thinking of getting an iMac as I had been bitten by the Apple bug but when I looked at the prices I realized my dream would never come true.

Luck came knocking on my door once again: a friend of the hubby who works at a computer store told him they were getting rid of their old iMac to make place for a newer version so I could get it for peanuts.

We had already been to IKEA to get two of the well-known Alex drawers and a table top to use as a desk so I would have a nice and comfy setup for my blogging.

It's been almost a year now and I can say that blogging has been the best decision I've made, after marrying the hubby, of course. I feel blessed to have found a hobby I enjoy so much and for being able to share my thoughts and feelings with y'all.

This blog started as some kind of personal diary and I thought that nobody would ever be interested in my (beauty) ramblings, but boy was I proven wrong! Yesterday my blog reached 400 followers and I'd like to take this moment to most sincerely thank you for helping me get there. I'll be doing a giveaway shortly so keep tuned in and good luck! 

I'm ending this post with the latest addition to my beloved Apple family: my iPhone 4s. After spending all winter nagging the hubby about how much I wanted an iPhone and how expensive I felt they were he just couldn't take it any longer and made me purchase one at a reduced price and helped me pay for it. Love u hun!

iPhone case sold at: http://www.miniinthebox.com

For the love of sharing,