20 June 2014

Carpe Diem


"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of live, and see if I could not learn what I had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of live, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms."
                                                                          quote by Henry David Thoreau


image taken from www.imdb.com

Even 25 years after it's release Dead Poets Society is still one of my all-time favourite movies, it particularly has inspired me to follow my dreams and to try not to let social conventions get in the way.

So Carpe Diem to y'all! Seize the day, stop to smell the roses and all of those other clich├ęs that may sound cheesy but could really be of use at some point in our lives.