30 June 2014

June empties


Dear readers,

Another month has flown by and I hope that these summer months were to pass slower as I love the warm weather, going to the beach and having dinner on a terrace below a canopy of stars.

For starters I have some sunscreen lotions, very fitting for this time of year:


Top left corner: Nivea Sun spf 20, it's a nice water resistant lotion that hasn't that strong sunscreen scent and absorbs pretty quickly into the skin. It was a leftover from last year, therefore the lower protection factor. I got this only because I couldn't find my beloved Garnier-Delial anywhere.

Below: Vichy Capital Soleil spf 50+ it's hypoallergenic, paraben and fragrance free. This has a thicker formula and smells awfully sunscreeny (if that's a proper adjective) I only purchased it to have a higher spf for my chest and shoulder area but don't think I'll be purchasing this again.

Garnier-Delial Ambre Solaire Golden Protect spf 30: I've mentioned this product before in my empties as it is my favourite sunscreen ever. It contains coconut and monoï oil and is therefore very moisturizing and has an amazing smell. It also contains very fine golden particles that leave your skin glowy and tan without making your skin feeling sticky. And it's only 11€ for a 200ml bottle.


My favourite eye cream: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye. I like to use it in the mornings, it has a thick though more gel-like formula so it doesn't feel greasy. I have very oily skin so when I use a more nourishing/thick eye cream my make up tends to glide away after a few hours. It has a pricey tag attached to it but I always wait for an offer and normally get it for around 35-40€, it lasts me a long time, though so it's totally worth it.


Macadamia moisturizing rinse: this came in a travel kit I purchased some time ago and even if it's only 60ml it has lasted me a long time as I alternate it with the deep repair masque. I don't think I will be purchasing this again, I loved it, but I'd rather get the deep repair masque instead which is awesome.


Clarins Extra-Firming Night Rejuvenating cream: has the most amazing scent ever and I loved the formula, it melted into my skin. This was a deluxe sample size that came with the one-step facial cleanser with orange extract that I also liked very much. I can't recall it's price as my mom got it for me but I will definitely put this on my wish list.


Yves Rocher pur bleuet express eye make up remover: just a random one, I purchased this to get free shipping with my Yves Rocher online order. It's the kind of two-phase liquid that you have to shake up to mix the water and the oil together before use. Just nah, didn't do it for me.


The Body Shop body butter in pink grapefruit. What to say about the body butters? If you haven't tried them yet nothing I can say is going to do it justice. I would just buy them as air fresheners, they smell soooooo good it's addictive. Maybe I need to go to some BBA meetings (Body Butter Anonymous).


Just a random clear polish I used to use as a base coat on my toes, it's from HEMA but those of you not familiar with this Dutch store won't know what I'm talking about. It's cheap and it's good, nothing more to say there.


And finally a few sample sizes I've used up. I had some more but as they were in sachet form I didn't want to feature each and every one of them.

Clarins Instant Definition Mascara: it was difficult to work with so I didn't like it at all.

Guerlain Abeille Royale youth serum firming lift wrinkle correction: wow, if it does all that I'm sold. I liked the texture and scent, Guerlain products always smell so good. I don't think I will be getting this in the near future, though. I haven't looked up its price but I can imagine it will be sky rocketing high.

LUSH Enzymion moisturizing cream: this will definitely be my next day-cream purchase as I loved its lightweight formula and fruity scent, left me with a very soft and matte skin.

And that's all for this month's empties, have a great summer, y'all.