28 July 2014

Summer heroes: Sun care


Dear readers,

Continuing with my summer heroes series I wanted to share with you my favourite sun care products:


At last I've found the perfect SPF to wear under my foundation. The ANESSA perfect essence sunscreen with SPF 50+ PA ++++ is a very light weight milky lotion that absorbs very quickly, it isn't scented and doesn't leave a white cast. I can't exactly remember what I paid for it as I got it during my trip to Tokyo, but it wasn't overly expensive, I think around the 13€ mark for a 25ml bottle. The only problem is that it's been discontinued and I haven't tried the new gel formula but I hope it's as good as this one.


This has been my favourite sunscreen body lotion for 3 years on a row. It's very affordable at 11€ and gives your skin a beautiful shimmery glow. It's the Delial Ambre Solaire Golden Protect lotion with SPF 30 by Garnier. You can also get it with SPF 10 or 20. I sometimes get the SPF 20 when I'm already tan but I usually stick to the higher protection factor and never ever go below 15.


This UVLAB mineral powder I also got when in Tokyo for around 12€. I hadn't come across anything like it at the time. It's a translucent loose powder with SPF 50 PA +++. It's very handy when you need to reapply your sunscreen (they recommend doing this every two hours) and you don't want to mess up your make up.


Anti-wrinkle after sun face treatment by Collistar 16€. Even though I'm super careful not to get sun burn I like giving my skin an extra treatment when I'm back home from the beach. I like that it's more of a richer formula but doesn't mess with my oily skin. It has a strong sweet floral scent to it, it reminds me of my all-time favourite perfume: Ysatis by Givenchy.


I have to include my final product without a picture as the lettering has rubbed off and it's almost empty: the Clinique long last glosswear SPF 15. I have it in a peach shade although I can't remember the exact name. It is very hydrating and extremely long wearing. I only use this when at the beach as I don't normally like my glosses to be sticky. It retails for about 16€.

Of course I have loads of other sun care products lying around but these are my top 5.

For the love of a gorgeous tan,