24 July 2014

The British Tag



Dear readers,

I was tagged by Katie even though I only have the tiniest bit of British blood in my veins. Both my parents were born in Indonesia although they are from French, Scottish, Dutch and English descent. We moved to Spain when I was 14 months old so I consider myself Spanish although they still call me "guiri" over here (derogatory for foreigner).

So lets move on to the questions:


1. How many cups of tea do you have? + How many sugars? 
2 to 4 in the summer time although I'm not including iced tea, and 4-8 in the winter. Doesn't seem that much but my mug can hold ½ liter so... I quit taking sugar with my tea like two years ago but I have to say that I like sugared Chai latte or Moroccan tea, although I don't take them very often.

2. Favourite part of your roast? Yorkshire pudding with gravy

3. Favourite dunking biscuit? McVitie's Hobnobs


4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime? I'd love to go fox hunting but I'll go for High Tea instead.

5. Favourite word? Esquire

6. Favorite sweet? Wine gums


7. What would your pub be called? Cheers - lame, I know!

8. Cockney rhyme slang? I didn't know anything about this existing until I read this tag so I'll choose one at random: Spanish onion = bunion; and of course, I took the one referring to Spain :)

9. No. 1 British person. This one's difficult but I'll go with J.R.R. Tolkien.

10. Favourite shop/restaurant? LUSH/Yo Sushi!

11. What British song pops into your head? Anything by The Beatles. Our school bus driver would always have them on, non stop.

12. Marmite? Sorry, never tried it, although the hubby loves it.

Thanks to Katie again for tagging me. I don't normally like to write tag posts but this one I found particularly interesting and I enjoyed picking my brain to give the right answers even though I've only been to GB a few times on short stays.

If you're interested in posting this tag on your blog, go ahead and have fun!