30 September 2014

September empties


Dear readers,

Autumn has finally arrived and the last month of summer has flown by leaving me with a few empty products.


I've run out of two bottles of my favourite sunscreen lotion: the Garnier Delial Golden Protect. It gives the skin a beautiful glow as it contains some tiny golden particles that glisten in the sun. It is also nicely scented and it doesn't leave any sticky feeling after applying it.


Some lip glosses I haven't liked: the L'Oreal Glam shine formula is too shiny for my taste nowadays although I liked wearing it in the past and I find the Mary Kay nourishing plus lip glosses too sticky.


Top coats: Seche Vite and Mavala. I didn't like the Seche Vite as much as I thought I would. I find it difficult to work with, too gloopy and that it somehow sucks in the outlines from the nail polish below if that makes sense. The Mavala one doesn't dry as quickly but is easier to work with.


A few random nail polishes that are no longer salvageable: 17 Lasting Fix in Tropical Island a bright coral shade with tiny golden specks, very easy to apply and perfect for summer. The Borjouis So Lacque glossy in Amande defile is so sheer that even after 3 coats it doesn't get opaque enough. The L'Oreal Resist & Shine in 606 I think, it's a beutiful purple plum shade that has been a favourite of mine, especially on my toes, for the last two summers.


Felt eyeliner by Eylure, this has dried out on me as I barely ever wear any kind of black liner.


More samples, among them this Vitamin C serum I liked using although it smelled pretty bad: like oxidized metal.


The Mary Kay timewise repair volu-firm foaming cleanser: this lasted me for ages and I'm not kidding, I think I've had it for over a year, maybe two. It's very creamy and foams up with just the tiniest amount, I liked its scent but I wouldn't say that I noticed any increase in firmness after using this.


The Caudalie Premier Cru cream. I'm going to write an individual review on this product alone as I have loved many things about it. If you're curious, come back this Friday and read all about it.

And that's it for this month, I'm starting the countdown for Christmas, are you as excited for the holidays as I am?

For the love of sharing,