3 October 2014

#2014BloggerChallenge: Consumer friendly packaging


Dear readers,

I was curious to try out the Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream that Tati from GlamLifeGuru kept recommending in her favorites youtube vids.

Having a more mature skin but still very oily I'm always looking for the perfect combination of moisturizer and anti-wrinkle/age/spot treatment in the market without it being/feeling overly heavy.


Packaging:

Aside from not being very travel friendly I give it a clear 10. It's a very luxurious golden glass bottle that's quite heavy (hence the not travel friendly comment). It has a pump, which I find very hygienic. One pump serves perfectly for an even all-face application although I usually squirt half a pump more to cover the neck area as well.


With tubes I like cutting them to pieces to get all the product out as you can get a whole week's worth of product on what remains inside the tube: on the sides and the bottom. But with pumps it gets a bit tricky: I like screwing the pump off and scooping up the remaining product with a small brush.

In this case I got difficulty getting the pump removed from the bottle. When it finally came off I immediately knew why it was so hard: it revealed the most perfect user friendly packaging ever.


It has a thick plastic wrapping inside the bottle that covers the entire pumping system. This seems to serve as a suction mechanism that helps you get all the product out and prevents it from getting stuck to the glass container. As you can see there's barely anything left but you could (as I'm going to) cut the plastic wrapping and get to what's left.

Formula:

It seems thick at first but after warming it up between your fingers it transforms into a mousse-like formula that is quickly absorbed into the skin. It didn't mess with my make up even though I also wear a sunscreen on top. Of course I get shiny throughout the day but that's inevitable.

Scent:

This is not for those of you who are looking for unscented products, but I don't find it to be over powerful. I personally liked it because in my head it smells like apple pie, could be because it contains grapes and my brain thinks of raisins...

On the packaging:

It contains 0%:
parabens
phenoxyethanol
phtalates
mineral oil
sodium laureth sulfate
animal ingredients

"Luxurious and effective in equal measure, this exceptional cream delivers ultimate anti-aging action for visibly younger skin. Its melt-away texture leaves the skin velvety smooth. Perfectly hydrated, the skin deeply regenerated and its density restored. Wrinkles are smoothed, facial contours are firmer and more defined, and the complexion is radiant and even".

"Inspired by the greets vintages of Bordeaux, Premier Cru is an exclusive blend of all the Caudalie patents. Resveratrol-Oleyl-Viniferine.Polyphenols, and the most high-performance active ingredients to correct all the signs of aging in a single step".

Non comedogenic. Dermatologist tested. Against animal testing.

Have you ever encountered a more perfect packaging? Please share your comments.

For the rest of the #2014BloggerChallenge reviews click here.