31 October 2014

October empties


Dear readers,

Another month has flown by and has left me with some empty products to share with y'all:


I'll start with a product I haven't liked, not so much the product itself but the way to apply it. The body tonic anti cellulite stick by Garnier. The roll-on applicator wasn't very helpful and instead of spreading the product evenly it had a patchy and painful effect so I ended up squeezing out some product on the palm of my hand and working it on my thighs with my bare hands. This came with an anti-cellulite gel for 19€ the duo pack and with a 50% discount on the second at Perfumerias IF.


Black liquid liner by BeYu, for only 1€ at Douglas. Good value for money but not amazing so I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. Bear in mind I'm not much of a black-eyeliner wearer.


Ole Henriksen oil free pore refining wipes, they were featured in my last giveaway (only on Twitter) and I was so envious of the winner that I ordered a pack for myself from Look Fantastic. I didn't like the fact that they are minty like so many other products beauty lovers are so keen on lately. I liked that they were smooth on one side and sort of padded with little bumps on the other to give a deep cleaning or a peeling effect. I'm using the regular (orange packaging) now and I think I'm liking them better although I've only used them a few times.


Tarte lights, camera, lashes! mascara, in sample size. This came with my The Tarte of Giving collector set and travel bag that was sold as a holiday special for Christmas 2013. I loved this mascara so much I had a colleague from work get me a full size tube when he was visiting New York last month, it is sold at Sephora for 20$ but it's so worth it.


Laneige Snow BB cream SPF41 PA++ in No. 2 Natural BB. This was a tad too light for me especially when I wanted to used it the most: during the summer. Otherwise a good alternative to using a moisturizer, SPF lotion and foundation. I purchased this so long ago so I don't remember what I paid for it but I think it was reduced to around 20€ at Strawberrynet.


Deborah Milano smoothing base. I got this at Perfumes Club and it was sold somewhere around 9€ if I remember correctly. It's been a long time and I can't find the receipt. Bad blogger, go to your room! Not something I will be repurchasing though so no biggie...


My first ever MAC product. It's almost 4 years old (I know, I know: shame on me!) and I finally went through the last outer ring of left over product. I didn't feel it was a good match for me though. I already have a back up in NC41 (hope it fits me better) and a darker NW35 for summer. I love this powder, it gives me a flawless finish without making my skin look cake-y and I swear it minimizes my humongous pores.

So that's it for this month, I hope you had an amazing October and that you're ready for Movember. Have an amazing Halloween y'all and come back tomorrow to see if you've won my Secret Santa Giveaway.