15 December 2014

London haul: Boots & Superdrug


Dear readers,

These are some of the items I got when I was in London for a few days earlier this week.


Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint in 439 Mustard; Basecoat, topcoat & nail hardener in 1 and regular nail paint in 273 Raspberry all by Barry M. These were 2.99£ except for the Gelly nail polish that was 3.99£. I also got a Collection 2000 Illuminating touch brightening concealer which I forgot to take a picture of, at 4.99£.

In Boots:

Maybelline Color Elixir lip glosses in 135 Raspberry (left) and 705 Blush Essence (right). Color Sensational lipstick in 630 Velvet Beige (middle). They were sold at 6.99£ each although they were having a 3X2 on the entire Maybelline range so I only paid 13.98£ for the 3.


Swatches of the lip glosses first and the lipstick (right). I hadn't noticed that the lip glosses had some shimmery particles in them, I only noticed them when looking at the picture itself.

Soap & Glory:


Sexy Mother Pucker gloss crayons: I haven't opened them yet so no swatches for you right now. The shades are in Fuchsia-ristic, Bashful (mauve) and Raplumzel. They were having a 3X2 Christmas Mix and Match so I chose 2 other gifts, one for the hubby and one for Maureen, to thank her for letting us stay at her place and taking so good care of us. Without the offer I'd have paid 16£ for one gift alone but I ended up only paying 28£ for the 3 as one of the gifts had an extra 4£ discount.


One Heck of a Blot: I'm curious to see if it's as good as they say. This was 12£.


My third Hand Food cream this year. I can't remember which YouTuber it was that raved about this product but I'd like to thank her. It's a thick consistency at first but it totally sinks into the skin and leaves no oily or sticky residue behind. And it smells heavenly too, what more can you ask for? It's 5.50£ for a 125ml tube so that's not too bad either.


Orangeasm body wash. I want to compare this with the Satsuma shower gel by The Body Shop. I'll let you know which one I think smells better. This one's 6.50£ for a 500ml pump bottle.


And finally some cute Batiste dry shampoo minis for 1.49£ each, perfect for travel although I'm not sure if they are allowed in your hand luggage. I got the original and the blush scent.

I want to thank the bigger Boots store in the Gatwick North Terminal shopping area for being so helpful in trying to help me find a way to get Soap & Glory products shipped to Spain. Although there's no possibility as of yet I'm very grateful for the interest they took in me even without having asked for help myself. It's a pity I flew back on the 11th as they were having a 50% sale in Soap & Glory the following day :(

For the love of drugstore products,