17 December 2014

London haul part 2: LUSH


Dear readers,

Although we have a few Lush stores in Spain they are far away from where I live and online purchases aren't always as satisfying as walking in store and be able to get a feel and smell of the products or ask for advice when in doubt.


When my mom told me I was getting a trip to London for my birthday I started writing down all the products I'd like to try out from Lush. There aren't that many as I was traveling light and I still have loads of Lush products stored up from my previous purchase.


Total expenditure: 72.70£ although I seem to have forgotten to include the H'suan Wen Hua, maybe because I'm unable to pronounce the damn thing! For those of you who are not familiar with Lush it's a hair treatment that you have to massage into your dry hair and leave for 20 minutes before shampooing and conditioning it. This was 9.75£ for a 225g pot.


Holly Golightly bubble bar 4.75£: crumble it under the running water when you're filling up your bath. It creates bubbles and gives a citrus and spicy scent to your bath water.


Ro's Argan body conditioner 16.50£ for a 225g pot: this is used as a hair conditioner but for your body, you need to rinse it off. It leaves an oily residue so don't get it if you don't like that feeling, I don't so I won't be repurchasing this.


T'eo deodorant block 4.95£: haven't tried it yet but it smells like lemonade, very refreshing.


Enzymion facial moisturizer 14.50£ for a 45g pot: I tried a sample they gave me with an online purchase and I loved it very much. I have very oily skin and this has a very lightweight formula, it rapidly sinks into the skin leaving it perfectly smooth and hydrated without giving it any extra shine.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here, almost everything I got has a certain citrus scent to it.


I got two of their new shampoo bars: above Brazilliant with oranges and Ylang Ylang oil and below Copperhead which improves shine and helps maintain coloured hair; they were 5.75£ each.


A second fail product: Ultrabland facial cleanser for 7.25£ for a 45g pot. It seems that almost all cult products just don't work out for me, but don't let this discourage you, it's an amazingly rich cleanser that is too much for my taste. I already have extremely oily skin so I don't need to slather on any more oil. I have to say that I'm using the Camomile cleansing oil by The Body Shop and I love it. I feel it works better at getting rid of waterproof mascara while this Ultrabland is maybe more gentle and therefore not so good at getting rid of all the unwanted make up. It also washes off with water, unlike this one where you can still feel the oilyness it leaves behind.


I'm loving the name of this bath bomb: Northern Lights and I can't wait to use it, this was 3.50£ so it's the cheapest product of the lot.


And this is a picture of the LUSH store where I got my shopping list done in less than 15 minutes: Brent Cross Shopping Centre. Not that I was in a rush but I knew exactly what I wanted. Not having been to London in 3 years made me crave for some long walks and not spend too much time shopping for stuff I could get sitting comfortably at home behind my computer.


For the love of speed-shopping,