21 January 2015

Mini haul: L'Óreal, NYX & Olay


Dear readers,

I'm currently going through a lippie hoarding phase. Previously, I was happy with just putting on some lip balm or my one all-round lip gloss, not paying much attention to using brighter shades during the warmer months and berry or warmer red tones in the fall and winter.

I already purchased a few lip products when in London, you can read about it here. But I'm very much liking the matte trend that's going on for a while now and a trip to my local drugstore was long overdue.


I first got a black nail polish as my old one has dried out and this one was only 3€. I like the formula of the L'Óreal Color Riche nail polishes, this one is in 702 Black Swan. I also love the brush as it has a rounded tip that makes application extremely easy. The formula in this shade is a bit sheer so you'll need 3 coats or 2 thicker ones to achieve a complete dark black.

The L'Óreal Color Riche Extraordinaire lip glosses are so expensive for being drugstore that when I saw this one lying in a basket at the counter for only 3€ I couldn't help but get it. Although not matte at all 204 Tangerine Sonate is a gorgeous bright orange that will be much worn in the Spring.


I was also in the market for a new serum as the one I got in my summer Sephora haul is not going to last me much longer. Before heading to the drugstore I was watching Amelia Liana on YouTube and she was just mentioning how much she loved this Olay Regenerist Luminous serum so I grabbed it. It's sold at 30€ for a 40ml bottle.


And now for the matte part of the post. I went straight to the NYX display as I enjoy the texture of their lip products. I also love that they are so reasonably priced, they are usually sold at less than 7€.

From left to right: soft matte lip cream in 09 Abu Dhabi for 6,49€, lipliner pencil in 804 Cabaret for 3,49€ and matte lipstick in 12 Sierra for 6,49€.

As for the swatches:


The L'Óreal Color Riche Extraordinaire in 204 Tangerine Sonate. Very glossy but opaque and hydrating, it feels comfortable on the lips, very balmy so not sticky at all, and it has a fresh fruity scent to it.


If you haven't tried the NYX soft matte lip cream you're up for a surprise. I can't even describe the feeling it leaves on the lips, it's nothing that I've ever come across. It doesn't feel hydrating nor drying, it just seems like you have bare lips. I'm definitely going back for more shades.


NYX lip liner pencil in Cabaret on its own.


NYX matte lipstick in 12 Sierra on its own.


And this one is when you combine both: the lip liner and lipstick on top to create the perfect Marsala shade that has been chosen the Pantone colour of 2015.

I'm sorry if it comes out more berry-toned in the picture but I asure you it's dead on Marsala in real life. 

You can click here to read my previous post featuring my Marsala painted living room.

And how are you liking this shade? Comment below on your favourite Marsala toned items.