28 January 2015

Perfect pairs #1: Rimmel Stay Matte + Real Techniques sponge


Dear readers,

I wasn't much a fan of the Stay Matte long lasting pressed powder by Rimmel until I started applying it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge.


Usually I like applying my setting powder with a big, fluffy powder brush but my favourite one was still damp from cleansing it the previous night so I reached for my RT sponge instead.

I can't say this idea was entirely mine as I've watched Kandee Johnson using the Beauty Blender for applying powder products time and again.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an improvement right from the start. When applying this powder with a brush my skin looks cakey and the powder sets into my fine lines and wrinkles but with the damp sponge it just sets my make up leaving my skin looking flawless and matte for quite a while considering I have very oily skin and huge pores.

About the RT sponge I prefer it over the BB, you can read more about it here.

What's your perfect pair that you can't live without?