5 January 2015

Reading Challenge


Dear readers,

In March 2014 I started a Challenge of my own, well not entirely. I stumbled upon a blog post about a challenge that was going around. It was very straightforward: to read one book per week, that is 52 books in a year.

As I love reading books and magazines and articles and blog posts and even boring stuff for work I thought I'd give it a go and put myself in a serious reading mode.

I took my trusted old Sony E-Reader PRS-650 that the hubby gifted me many many Christmases ago and went down to business.


  1. La mano de Fátima
  2. The Host
  3. Divergent
  4. Insurgent
  5. Allegiant
  6. Eve
  7. Rise
  8. Once
  9. Rivers of London
  10. Moon over Soho
  11. Casper, the Commuting Cat
  12. Whispers under Ground
  13. The Fault in our Stars
  14. Broken homes
  15. The Transfer, a Divergent Story
  16. Micro
  17. The Maze Runner
  18. The Scorch Trials
  19. The Death Cure
  20. The Kill order
  21. Slated
  22. Fractured
  23. Still life with Crows
  24. Shattered
  25. The art of racing in the rain
  26. Seda
  27. El tiempo entre costuras
  28. Delirium
  29. Pandemonium
  30. Requiem
  31. Heat wave
  32. The Fault in our Stars (yep, I read it again)
  33. The Night Circus
  34. Legend
  35. Prodigy
  36. Champion
  37. Naked Heat
  38. Life after Legend
  39. Last Light
  40. After Light
  41. The Wheel of Darkness
  42. Relic
  43. Reliquary
  44. The Cabinet of Curiosities
  45. Brimstone
  46. The Dance of Death
  47. The Book of the Dead
  48. Cemetery Dance
  49. Fever Dream
  50. Cold Vengeance
  51. Riptide
  52. Mount Dragon


The start was a bit boring as I didn't much enjoy the 2 first books. After that, I devoured the Divergent series in less than 10 days, although I have to say that I'm not a big fan, but well they were very easy to read and they helped me get in the reading mood.

If you are familiar with some of the titles, you'll see a trend during the first part of the year, inadvertently I started reading a lot of dystopian novels or maybe it was because most of them were made into movies and there was so much talk of them on the blogosphere... I'm so weak-minded.

I very much enjoyed reading the agent Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child but I couldn't find the last 2 or 3 books so I switched over to their regular books (Riptide and Mount Dragon).

As for the Rivers of London series I started reading them on recommendation of Tanya Burr and I'm eager to continue reading them as the 4th book just came out in October, if I'm not mistaken.

About the challenge itself I'm very pleased with myself as I started off well in March and I managed to finish it, I even got ahead of myself and had a more chilled December. I'm very glad it's over, though as it took much of my spare time and I won't be following this challenge this year. I want to concentrate more on improving the quality of my blog posts and spending more time with the hubby as I feel I've neglected him quite a bit this past year.

Just this morning I stumbled upon another great challenge that I've decided to follow this year: the #take12trips Challenge, I'll keep you posted on this one throughout the year.

For the love of challenging oneself,