9 January 2015

Renunail nail strenghthener


Dear readers,

In November I wrote about the first freebie I had received from the Look Fantastic team and I promised you a review; not that I was required or asked to do so.
The set came with this nail strengthener, a hand cream and a glass file.

I've only tried the strengthener as I'm pretty covered in the hand cream department at the moment and I don't ever file my nails, instead I cut them.

It was great being able to try this out as I have very soft, brittle nails and they have been breaking and splitting a lot lately, that's why I'm always wearing them this short. I hated that I wouldn't be able to have them longer and prettier for Christmas, but you have to work with what you've got.

Way of use:

On the first day you have to apply two coats. During the next 5 days you only need to put one coat on top. On the 7th day you repeat the process: you take it all off and start with 2 coats and then add 1 coat per day. You repeat the process once more; so 3 weeks in total and then you're supposed to be left with stronger nails.

My thoughts:
  • The scent is awful, much worse than regular nail polish.
  • It's a bit of a thick consistency and takes ages to dry, especially when you apply two coats.
  • I haven't noticed any improvement in my nail texture, what is more one nail broke off right after finishing the treatment.
  • It's too big a commitment not being able to use colored nail polishes for 3 weeks in a row.
  • Maybe I'll give it another try and see if a second chance works better but I have no high hopes.

One product I have been enjoying very much is this China Glaze Orange Cuticle Oil. It adds an extra boost of hydration to the cuticle area especially around this time of year when my hands feel very dry.

For the love of healthy nails,