23 February 2015

Aerostretching


Dear readers,

Most people's New Year's resolutions include exercising more or anything at all. I wanted to share with y'all something I mentioned in my previous haul post about what I've been enjoying doing on Saturday mornings since October last year: Aerostreching.


The first time I heard someone mentioning this discipline was by Jen Chae from From Head To Toe



I didn't even bother to look it up as I knew I wasn't going to find anything remotely similar in my area. I live in a small town and the nearest big city is just too far away.


One day, browsing through my Facebook feed I stumbled upon an add for a free class so I immediately jumped into action and reserved a spot for the following week.


Another surprise came when I found out that the classes were actually given by a friend of mine.



I've definitely noticed an improvement in strength and elasticity since I started out even though I only go once a week.


It totally helps me get rid of all the week's stress and tension that I tend to accumulate around my neck and shoulder area. It helps me have a better posture and my muscles feel much more relaxed and supple.


We usually end the class with the Chrysalis or Cocoon where we just lie and relax within the hammock (I'm the one on the left).  Some days we get an additional hot stone- or aroma-therapy. I always feel like I'm floating for the rest of the day.

What are your special treatments to help you disconnect from your daily routine?