28 February 2015

February empties


Dear readers,

The shortest month of the year has quickly flown by and left me with some empty containers:


Astalift replenishing day cream and regenerating night cream in deluxe sample sizes of 15ml each. They were a free gift with an Astalift purchase I made at Look Fantastic but I'm afraid they aren't carrying this brand any longer. I waited to use them during the winter time as they have a thicker and heavier formula. I don't think I will repurchase them as I haven't noticed any spectacular results, I'd only gotten them because I wanted to try out the Jelly Aquarista.


The Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter. The BB is a staple in my skin care routine. I prefer to use it at night as it's too nourishing for day time. I love the Satsuma range for its scent and I didn't think I would like this one as much but I've been pleasantly surprised and noticed that I've enjoyed this berry scent during the autumn and winter.


Guerlain KissKiss essence de gloss in 462 I suppose, I'm not sure, it was a gift for a purchase I made in Douglas. I've been using this lovely berry shade loads this past autumn but I can't seem to get any more use out of it *sad face.


Kinetics Hand & Soul jasmine & white mush hand lotion, I got it at a beauty fair last year and I've been loving it. I actually got 3 for the price of 2 and I wanted to give this one to my mom but I loved it so much that I kept all 3 of them. It has lasted me for a very long time so I think I'm good for at least another year.


Mavala nail polish remover pads without acetone: worst thing ever, it takes ages to get nail polish off and I haven't noticed any improvement in my nails by skipping the acetone, so no repurchase here.


Another bottle of my beloved Batiste dry shampoo, this time in sass & daring wild. My favourite is still the cherry scented one but I've liked this scent that I would describe as musky, don't ask me why because I'm terrible at describing scents.


So White shower gel by Lush, this came in a Christmas box I ordered in the sales. It's only sold during the winter holidays so I'll have to wait till December to get a new one, not that I would, I actually prefer any The Body Shop shower gel to the Lush ones I've tried so far. Sorry about the peeled off label: #keepingitreal you guys.


The Sampar vivid radiance serum that I got in my September beauty haul at Sephora. It's very watery and lightweight so I don't think I will be repurchasing this, even if it's sold for 20€ like this one was. I personally prefer more richer formulas like the Estee Lauder Advance night repair serum, even though I have oily skin. 


Lastly the Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara, this was a sample size I got with a Look Fantastic purchase ages ago but I'd forgotten I carried it in my purse and it must have totally dried out. No sad face here because I absolutely hated it, it's waaaaay too clumpy and difficult to work with for my taste.

Can you recommend a nice volumising and lengthening mascara that doesn't clump up your lashes? I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mascara... Thanks!