2 February 2015

Look Fantastic: beauty box & new foundation


Dear readers,

I was hoping to post this entry two weeks ago but I just received my package this very morning.

It's awfully late to be writing about the January beauty box by LF but hey, sometimes life's unexpected and that's completely fine by me.

So lets go with the flow and get down to business:


These are the contents of the Look Fantastic January Beauty Box that was discounted to 15£ and for that reason alone I decided to give it a go and order it for the first time.

I've had some previous experience with this type of Beauty Boxes, like Birchbox and Glossybox but after a few months they were increased in price by 50% so I ended up cancelling my subscription.


The LF box comes inside a plain and fitted cardboard box that actually came inside a bigger box as I'd ordered another item from their website.

The items inside are wrapped in tissue paper with a LF sticker on top.

Once you open the tissue paper first thing you'll see is the information card which features all the products inside the BB with a short description.


3''' more inches Life Extending Haire care Shampoo & Conditioner: naturally rebuilds every strand for longer, stronger, younger-looking hair. 


Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence: provides defence from daily heat styling and environmental effects whilst working to add shine and manageability to all hair types. It de-tangles hair and helps remove static.


Molton Brown Templetree Body wash: skin will be left feeling silky soft and super clean.


myvitamins: dissolvable vitamin tablets, lemon flavoured.


NUXE Soothing and rehydrating fresh mask: leaves skin moisturized and soothed for 24 hours. For use on all skin types. 

This product on its own will pay for the whole box as it's worth 18.50£.


Gatineau Collagen eye compresses: it revives and rejuvenates the eyes, helps reduce dark shadows, plumps out wrinkles and relaxes the eye contour.

I wasn't aware this was inside the box until I was reading the info card in order to write this post, it's just a one-use sample but, who doesn't love trying out a product before purchasing its full size version?


And finally I ordered this EX1 Invisiwear liquid foundation that I'd wanted to try for the longest time. I recall first seeing it at Guru Makeup Emporium but not purchasing it for fear of choosing the wrong shade. As I've watched more and more YouTubers using this brand and featuring which shade they were using I'm pretty sure this will match me perfectly. For the record it's in the shade F300 and it retails for 12.50£.

This brand is targeted to Asian or olive skin tones, that's the reason I wanted to try it out as I'm from Indonesian descent and I have some difficulty in getting the right undertone in foundations.

What's your favourite drugstore foundation? I'm currently using the L'Óreal True Match.