13 February 2015

Skincare haul: Dior, Origins & Laura Mercier


Dear readers,

I know I just talked about my spending ban in my previous post but I'd placed this order last month, so it doesn't count, does it? This purchase is also the reason why I wanted to keep myself from buying  beauty products for a while. I was only supposed to get an eye cream as I'm running low... but this happened... #feelingspendy.


Looking for a good anti-wrinkle eye cream I stumbled upon some blogger talking wonders about the Origins Plantscription anti-aging eye cream. I browsed the net to look for the cheapest option and just when I was going to place my order I remembered I hadn't shopped at Strawberrynet for a very long time. This used to be my favourite online store but other stores came up with very competitive prices so I totally forgot it existed.

The retail price was 59,50€ but I always get a 10% loyalty discount so I thought it was a pretty good price. I know many of you will think this is a very expensive eye cream but I'm not in my 20's or even my 30's anymore so I need all the help I can get.


On top, they were giving an additional 10% off their Valentine's skin care sets so I had to take a peek. This gorgeous Dior beauty bag (61,50€) caught my eye and I knew I HAD to have it, mostly to give it a good home. 


It comes out more white in the picture but it's a gorgeous silvery grey shade. It's very soft to the touch, the fabric feels very fancy, almost leathery. It has a silver zipper on top and it's the perfect size, not too big and not too small either.


Inside the pouch, besides a mountain of white tissue paper, I found the following mini size items, from left to right: a 10ml Capture Totale Radiance Restoring Serum Foundation in 020, 15ml Capture Totale Multi Perfection creme, 5ml One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum and 7ml Capture Totale Concentrated Serum.


Finally, I decided to look for a 3rd item to be able to benefit from an additional 5% discount on my entire purchase. You always get a 5% discount when you purchase 3 products so I like to look for cheaper items or hugely discounted ones, like this Laura Mercier Moisture Eye Cream at 23,50€.


Besides the 10% loyalty discount (14,45€), the 5% discount for purchasing 3 items (7,23€) and the 10% discount on the skincare set (6,15€) I could choose any shade from the CK Delicious Luxury cream lipstick completely free of charge, yay !


With a previous purchase a long time ago I was given the shade 31119 Rose Berry which has become my favourite MLBB (my lips but better). The texture is very creamy and comfortable, not especially long lasting but the formula is not too drying on my lips and that's a winner point for me.

I was tempted to go for a similar shade but I went outside my comfort zone and selected the shade 31117 Heat Wave. It's kind of a Marsala shade so I'm going to look very fashionable this year. 

What has been your perfect beauty buy recently?