20 March 2015

2015 Wedding inspiration with Lover.ly


Dear readers,

I never had the chance to shop for a bridal dress as we both agreed on having a small and intimate wedding with a very casual dressing code. The hubby wanted me to make a statement on my cultural heritage so I borrowed a gorgeous two-piece Indonesian batik dress from my mum.

When Lover.ly asked me if I was interested in participating in their Dream Day Style Challenge I jumped at the chance. Who doesn't like to play dress up?

Lover.ly is the bride's digital BFF for inspiration and planning. It's a one stop shop for everything wedding related, it's like having your own wedding planner on call 24/7.


I went for a winery wedding as we are both into wines and enjoy visiting wineries. One of my best friends got married in a gorgeous winery in the La Rioja region in Spain and it was such a gorgeous scenery that I think many of you would enjoy a romantic wedding surrounded by vineyards. Plus you have an unlimited supply of wine for the dinner banquet, lol.

For that wedding my friend was wearing an unusual pink dress and her twin-sister was dressed in white: most confusing! I think you shouldn't wear a white dress as a wedding guest in general terms but this totally depends on each particular situation. You'll only need a bit of common sense and always ask for the bride's approval first.


Wedding inspiration


I think that the dress that I picked out from Lover.ly's website pairs perfectly with the venue as it seems like someone splashed a glass of wine over it. This perfectly reflects my personality as I don't take weddings too seriously. You should have fun preparing your wedding and not stress out too much about things going the "wrong" way. The only thing that matters is looking in the eyes of your loved one and hear him/her say these two words: I do.

And, of course I added some inspiration for make up and accessories. I went for a nude make up with a tiny bit of shimmer and a very simple hairdo with romantic curls.

Tiffany & Co. diamond earrings
€7.555 - tiffany.com


Charlotte Tilbury highlight makeup
€64 - net-a-porter.com


Vegan makeup brush
zoeva-shop.de


Lips makeup
€27 - theiconic.com.au


Hourglass cosmetic
€33 - net-a-porter.com


Christian Dior ivory foundation
€46 - johnlewis.com


LancĂ´me mascara
€30 - neimanmarcus.com


Nars cosmetic
€27 - sephora.com


Laura Mercier face powder
€23 - bloomingdales.com


Anastasia makeup
€22 - sephora.com


NARS Cosmetics camouflage mask
€30 - selfridges.com


MAC Cosmetics mineral makeup
€21 - bloomingdales.com


Waterproof makeup
€18 - makeupforever.com


Face powder
€13 - camerareadycosmetics.com


Lottie
row.jimmychoo.com






Ombre Tulle Ball Gown with Pick Up Skirt
€1,348 - lover.ly






Happy wedding planning and don't forget to have fun!