7 March 2015

LUSH Copperhead shampoo bar


Dear readers,

I've been trying out different ways to wash my hair without damaging it. I even went through a 3-month no poo challenge. Have a look here for more info.

Having past the 40s barrier my hair has thinned out considerably. I've never had a big and luscious mane to begin with but I hate thinking that I'm going to look bald very soon.

Thanks to dry shampoo (usually Batiste) I've managed to space out my hair washes, from 3 or 4 times a week to only 2. This is supposed to be helpful in keeping my hair from the nasty and damaging ingredients (parabens, sulfates, salt, etc) that come in most shampoos.


Of course there are more and more shampoos in the market that don't carry these type of ingredients and are formulated with natural or organic alternatives, but I have still to find the perfect one.

When I heard some blogger mention the new Lush shampoo bars coming out last autumn I knew I had to give them a try. I ended up purchasing 2 of them during my stay in London: Copperhead (pictured above) and Brazilliant.

I chose Copperhead as they told me that it's supposed to be great for dark dyed hair, to leave it conditioned and very glossy. As I need to dye my hair regularly to get rid of my grays I thought it would be a match made in heaven.

Yesterday it was time again for a visit to my hairdresser. As soon as I walked in the salon I got weird looks from the girls. They said my hair looked a few shades darker from my last visit and they even thought I had dyed it myself, unable to wait for them to do it. I told them no but then I remembered using Copperhead and looked it up on Lush's website. I wasn't aware that it contained coffee and henna so I was unintentionally dying my hair darker with each wash.

I also had in mind to get a hair cut this time. Just as well because the hairdresser noticed my ends feeling extremely dry and she told me it came from the henna.

So now I need to use this shampoo very sparingly or stop using it altogether. I even hadn't used it that many times as I'm always alternating shampoos. I suppose I'll find another use for it or simply give it away.

Any recommendations for a great nonabrasive shampoo?