14 March 2015

Simply Supplements Marine Collagen cream


Dear readers,

When I visited Tokyo two years ago I couldn't stop noticing all the different brands of collagen drinks that were sold in every beauty store; drugstore and high end. Back then I thought it was a weird trend and didn't bother to do some research but now I'm totally convinced Japanese women are way ahead of us western girls.

I was sent this Marine Collagen cream by Simply Supplements to write a review and share my honest thoughts with y'all. So, with the disclaimer out of the way, lets focus on the task on hand.

 Marine Collagen cream by Simply Supplements

What is Collagen?

Collagen is an important protein that you can find in your body. Tissues like bones, joints, skin and blood vessels cannot be built without collagen. The way your skin ages has to do with the amount of collagen you have left. The collagen production starts to decrease once you've past your mid 20's and it almost comes to a stop when you reach your 60's which leads to loss of firmness, appearance of wrinkles and dry skin.

What's different about Marine Collagen?

It's a fibrous protein that's taken from fish scales and is odorless and tasteless. It's said to be safer than animal collagen (pork, beef, chicken) as it doesn't cause any side effects, although this has still to be proven on a long term run.

Cosmetic benefits:
  • it slows aging due to its antioxidant properties
  • it moisturizes
  • it plumps skin cells
  • it prevents & repairs damage caused by environmental factors (such as UV rays, low humidity, etc)
  • it's unscented and oil-free


And now for my thoughts on this cream that I've been using for the past 3 weeks:
  • it's truly unscented, not that I'm particularly interested in this but I know a lot of you are.
  • it's a thick formula that feels very nourishing and hydrating, although it doesn't feel sticky or greasy.
  • it takes a few minutes to sink in so you can treat yourself to a little face massage while applying it. I'm personally enjoying this part.
  • I feel like its too rich for me to wear it under my make up as I have very oily skin, but I very much enjoy using it at nighttime and on my no make up days.
  • I've noticed a plumping in the deeper wrinkles I have on my forehead. Particularly two deep vertical frown lines I had between my eyebrows and that were driving me crazy just magically disappeared.


My final verdict:

I will continue to use the cream although I'm more interested in getting the collagen tablets as I think it would not only be more effective to help producing collagen from the inside it will also help in keeping my joints, tendons, ligaments and bones, healthy. Of course it must be even better to combine the use of both.

As a second disclaimer I want to mention that even though a skin care product contains all natural ingredients it can still cause irritation or allergic reaction. I have a bullet proof skin and have never had issues with any kind of skincare product so don't take my word on this or any other advice as what works for me may not work for you at all.

If you're interested in this product head on over to Simply Supplement's website and take advantage of their free UK standard delivery. Keep up to date with any discounts or sales they may be offering by following them on Facebook and Twitter.