13 April 2015

My favourite scent: Yves Rocher


Dear readers,

I've been a faithful customer to Yves Rocher for as long as I can remember. I started using their skin care products at an early age (12 or 13) because they were affordable. I got my mom hooked on their products as well and she's only stopped using them recently because her boyfriend overloads her with Olay creams.


All the way through college I used the same scent: Magnolia. I had everything from the range: the shower gel, body milk, deodorant and perfume. Unfortunately, they discontinued this line and I've never recovered from the disappointment.


Over the years I've tried some of their other scents although I've never found one that suited me as well as Magnolia.


After finishing college I stopped buying their products and tried other brands for a while. But, in the end, I always find myself drawn back to this brand. I suppose it has something to do with growing up and becoming and adult. Once in while you wish you could go back to your high school days when life was so much simpler. Scents are a great way to help you reminisce, you only need to close your eyes, take a whiff and you'll be magically transported back to your past.


Comme une Evidence is my favourite scent at the moment, and has been for over 10 years. I've been using it on and off depending on my mood. Not that I've been unfaithful, I just haven't been using any kind of perfume for the past 6 years or so.

I've been using the shower gel and the body milk on special occasions only so they have lasted me for quite a while. Last week I run out of the body milk so I ordered a new bottle along with the shower gel and the deodorant that I've never tried before and was happy to see it didn't contain aluminum.

I'm halfway through the perfume but it's so old that I'm only using it to spray in the bathroom after... you know...

I'm the worst at describing scents so forgive me for only copying and pasting what's on their website:

It all begins with the tender green emotion of slightly crumpled violet leaves. Then, rose, jasmine and wild lily of the valley blossom easily into the soft caress of an oh, so feminine floral heart. The whole rests on a carpet of moss and patchouli, like a soothing shadow. A sensation of sweet harmony, a very special moment.

Top notes: bergamot, violet leaves
Heart notes: rose, jasmine, wild lily of the valley
Base note: patchouli

1.7 fl.oz. Spray / 50 ml

I apologize to my US readers as the perfume is much cheaper over here (Europe). I can usually get it for 20$, that's almost half price compared to its US price.