4 April 2015

Tangle Teezer vs Wet Brush


Dear readers,

I've always been sort of obsessive-complusive regarding my hair. It's very oily and on top of that it's fine and sparse. Instead of growing in length it grows in volume but not in a good way. I have loads of new hair aka baby hairs but they fall out when they reach shoulder length. I've never managed to leave my hair longer than that but not by lack of trying.

I've only dyed my hair through adolescence as I became more and more worried about damaging my hair. Unfortunately, now I need to dye my hair once a month to cover my grays but I avoid using any styling tools and protect my hair from the sun by wearing a hat or a bandana.

*image taken from tangleteezer.com

Over two years ago I purchased the Tangle Teezer after reading how gentle it was for the hair, I've been using it ever since. It took me a while to get used to grabbing the entire brush as it has no handle and I can't tell you how many times it slipped my hand and ended up on the ground, but in the end I got the hang of it.


About a month ago I decided I wanted to try the Wet Brush for comparison and I haven't used my Tangle Teezer ever since. It's much more gentle than the Teezer and so soft that you barely notice that you're brushing your wet hair. I've noticed less shedding but I can't be entirely sure it's due to this brush as I've been taking a vitamin supplement for hair & nails for a few weeks now.

Anyhow, if I had to give you advice about which one to choose I would definitely go for The Wet Brush. As for the prices they pretty much cost the same, you can get them from 10$.