25 May 2015

Air-drying heroes


Dear readers,

During the warmer months I like to give my hair a rest from blow drying and let it dry naturally.

For me this is an essential step as I have very sparse and fine hair. I've always felt self-conscious regarding my hair and I started caring for it at an early age.

Hair styling products

My first step after washing my hair is taking any kind of oil product and run it through my ends. I've really been loving the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment that I've been using for the past two years.

Then I carefully brush through my hair with the Wet Brush that I got recently and that I like much, much more than my Tangle Teezer.

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

A recent discovery of mine has been this volumizing spray gel by Fekkai. I only got it as I'd heard nothing but good things about this brand and it was on sale.

I spray it on my roots for volume and it doesn't leave any kind of residue. I've never been a believer in volumizing products but, after a while using this, on a day that I was running late I skipped it and noticed that my hair was looking totally blah.

Fekkai Coiff Buffant Lifting and Texturizing Spray Gel

On days I want to style my hair using hot tools I spray on this Daily Damage Defence by Philip Kingsley for protection.

Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence conditioning spray

And the final step for a bit of shine: Brilliant Glossing cream with olive oil by Fekkai. I won't lie to you, I almost always forget this step, mostly because I run out the door while my hair's still humid. 

It adds amazing shine to the hair and it doesn't weight it down in any way or leave a greasy or sticky feeling so I'll have to make a mental note to start using this more often.

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream

What's your hair styling routine? Please, comment below.