1 May 2015

April empties


Dear readers,

Here we go again, another month has flown by and, as usual, I like to share my empty beauty products with y'all.

The picture below perfectly depicts my need to scoop out every ounce of left over product. If you're interested in the method I've perfected over the years you can read all about it here.


Astalift Jelly Aquarista Rejuvenating Concentrate serum 60g for 84£ (and I got two 15ml day- and night cream for free with this purchase).

The texture of this product was very interesting, it has a jelly consistency but directly melts like water when applying it to the skin. As it left a sticky residue on my skin I only used it at nighttime. I got it at Feel Unique a while ago but I think they are no longer carrying this brand. Either way I don't think I'll be repurchasing this again, I don't like my skin feeling sticky on top of it being so oily.


Serum7 Lift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream 15ml.

This full size tube came in a 10€ Birchbox I ordered some time last year. I tend to prefer richer formulas for the eye area so I didn't enjoy its watery consistency. 


Deborah Milano whitening base coat 10.49€ although they were having a 3 for 2 offer.

It seems like a good base coat at first but it quickly becomes all gooey and even though I added some nail polish thinner it just wouldn't work for me.


Nelly moisturizing nail polish remover, I can't remember what I paid for this but I wouldn't think it was more than 2€.

Not the best one out there, so no repurchasing this.


Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume 4.75€.

My least favourite from their range, it feels very uncomfortable as it adds a gritty texture to your hair that I'm not particularly fond of. About it being volumizing... I don't think so.


Nioxin Cleanser shampoo for noticeably thinning and chemically treated hair 9.84£

It contains sulfates so I stopped using this as I became more aware of its damaging properties. My hair is very thin and sparse as it is.


Shiseido Aqualabel Milky Mousse Foam cleanser 130g *sorry don't recall the price.

I got a few cleansers during my trip to Tokyo. I'm not particularly picky when it comes to face cleansers, I just want them to foam up which this one did. It didn't totally removed my mascara but that's fine by me as I always like using a targeted eye make up remover for that purpose.


Yves Rocher Protectyl Végétal After Sun lotion 150ml 4.75€.

I have already purchased a replacement bottle as I like its nutty scent that isn't too overpowering. I usually don't like sweet smells but I really enjoyed this one. I like using an after sun lotion in the summer time in order to prolong my tan.


Yves Rocher Comme une Evidence shower gel 5.50€ and body lotion 8.25€ 200ml each.

I already wrote about this scent in a previous post but now that I've repurchased both products I can say that they must have reformulated them in some way as they don't smell the same by far *sad face.


The Body Shop Mandarin & Tangelo Body, Room & Linen Spritz 100ml 7€.

I love using this in my walk-in closet and to spritz on my pillow at night before going to sleep. It relaxes me and helps me sleep like a baby. Whenever I use this I wake up feeling more rested.


And that was it for this month's empties.

Enjoy the weekend and Happy Mother's Day for those celebrating it this Sunday,