29 May 2015

May empties


Dear readers,

Here we are again, at the end of the month, reviewing the products that I've used up.

May empties

I still had this Snowman shower jelly by Lush from last Christmas. Loved it, the only downside is that it's only sold during Christmas. If you want to read a more in depth review I talked about it in this post.

LUSH Snowman shower jelly

My favourite high end mascara is the Tarte lights, camera, Lashes. It doesn't clump up my lashes and it doesn't smudge, those are my only two concerns. My eye area is very oily and my eyes are so watery that I've trouble finding make up products that will last on me.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara

This Marine Collagen Cream by Simply Supplements proved to be fantastic. I was so pleasantly surprised by the results that I've ordered a few back ups plus the collagen capsules. Check out my full review on the numerous benefits of Marine Collagen.

Marine Collagen Cream by Simply Supplements

Emina reducing & firming gel. This was actually a freebie for subscribing to ELLE magazine. I'm not impressed with the packaging, not that it needs to be fancy but I hate it when the label starts to peel off. As for the results of the product inside, it felt like it was working because it left a warm sensation on my skin after applying it.

Emina gel reductor reafirmante

Clarins Toning Lotion for combination or oily skin. Even after continued use I still don't get the use of toners. I got this from my mom and I used it all up as I really hate wasting products but I wouldn't repurchase it. It didn't help me get less oily so what's the point?

Clarins toning lotion for combination or oily skin

Rimmel Stay Matte long lasting pressed powder. Not exactly an empty as you can see but I HAVE to get rid of this. I've really tried to make it work as everyone else raves about how good this powder is. I've simply given up. It doesn't help control any oil and gives me a very unnatural made up look. I'm sticking to my One Heck of a Blot by Soap & Glory, thank you very much.

Rimmel Stay Matte long lasting pressed powder

A tiny sample of the Capture Totale concentrated serum by Dior. I personally prefer skin care products that have a thicker consistency so I really enjoyed using this. Not sure if I would purchase the full size product as it's quite expensive.

Dior Capture Totale concentrated serum

My holy grail hand cream: the Hand Food by Soap & Glory. I always stock up when I go to the UK. I only have one left now but it lasts me for ages and you can see that I'm very intent on getting every tiny bit of cream out of the tube. More on this technique here.

Soap & Glory Hand Food

Summer is quickly approaching and I've been to the beach a few times already. I used up my favourite sunscreen lotion, the Garnier Delial Golden Protect SPF 30. It's a light brown lotion with some tiny golden shimmery specks that will make your skin glow like a goddess but without leaving it sticky or greasy.

Garnier Delial Golden Protect SPF 30

In my search for the perfect daily SPF for under my foundation I came across this lightweight fluid by Vichy. Not a fan so I gave it to the hubby. Although being very watery it didn't sink into my skin and made it feel oilier that it already is. I think they may have reformulated this as I can't seem to find it online, well, it figures, I've had it for quite a while...

Vichy Capital Soleil protective micro fluid face SPF 50+

And that's the end of it. What products have you been enjoying this month?