13 May 2015

Splurge buy: Rebecca Minkoff handbag


Dear readers,

One of the many dangers of being a blogger is lusting over a wide range of items that other bloggers/Youtubers are raving about. TV-commercials don't appeal to me anymore, a Youtuber on the other hand will be able to sell me almost anything. The home made vids and the familiar approach makes me feel like a friend is recommending me a tested and tried product that has offered a positive result.

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel


This is the story behind my Rebecca Minkoff Satchel Tote:


And that was that: I saw it, I ordered it, it was delivered. Thanks Tati, my wallet is ready for summer now as it has lost a load of weight from this purchase.

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel


I like to keep my iPhone and car keys in the inside pockets or whatever you call them, they both fit perfectly.

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel


On the other side there's a zip pocket that I don't see myself using and another slide pocket.

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel


The color to me, if I had to describe it, is a soft lavender-grey. I've had nothing like this and I was just in the market for a light coloured handbag as my white Loewe bag is looking very worn out. I'm seeing myself pairing this handbag with a lot of my summer outfits, I think it goes well with almost any color and style.

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel


The handles are wide enough to be able to wear the bag all the way up to your shoulder but it also features a detachable, very convenient shoulder strap. I hate it when you need to have both hands free and you're messing around with your bag but it just doesn't work out and you end up being cranky for the rest of the day. Yep, guilty!

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel


What I love most about this bag are the gold tone hardware detailing. The zipper on top and the one on the front have a tassel attached to them to make it easier to zip it open or shut.

Rebecca Minkoff Bowery Satchel

What's your favourite item to splurge on?