5 June 2015

Haul: The Body Shop


Dear readers,

Last February I decided to test myself and see if I could avoid spending money on beauty products for 6 months. I wrote this post about it in case you're curious about why I'd put myself through this nightmare :(

The Body Shop

Although I'm supposed to stay away from online stores I came across a 25% off from The Body Shop just when I was in need of replacing my facial cleanser. The one I had was making my skin very dry and flaky, especially around the nose. Never had I experienced any kind of skin issue before in my life, and that's saying something. I'm trying to cut down its usage to once a week but so far that isn't working either. I should have read the description first but it was all in Japanese and the only words in English were: White Clear Foam.

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Sorbet

So I ended up getting a few other things as well. Two Body Sorbets: Satsuma (above) and Pink Grapefruit (below), which are my favourite summery scents. I've already tried the body butter and the body puree but I wanted to try out this formula and see how it compares. I still have half a tub of the body butter left but I like using lighter formulas during the warmer months.

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Sorbet

I'm also through my nighttime serum and I've been wanting to try this one with Vitamin C since a sales person from TBS recommended this to me last December.

The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost serum

And lastly, the one product I really needed turned out to be another mistake, boo hoo hoo.
It serves me right for not reading the description before hitting the "Add to bag" button... I thought it would be a water-based cleanser, you know, the ones that foam up. Instead it's more like a cleansing milk and I hate those, I already have one (gifted) and it's taking me ages to use up.

The Body Shop Seaweed Facial Cleanser

The only upside is that I get to go shopping for a new facial cleanser, hooray!