3 August 2015

Birthday girl?


Dear readers,

I don't think I could consider myself a girl anymore, although I feel much younger than my actual age. I'm turning 43!!!! today, holy moly. This is what I've been up to so far:


Car selfie while driving: kids don't ever do this!


  • Running late: I have to start work at 8 sharp: out of the way stupid cars!
  • Breakfast smoothie: oats, lime seed, dates, banana, frozen berries, almond milk and agave syrup made with my Breville blender (love, love, love).
  • Second breakfast (toasted bread with tomato and olive oil) with my trusted eReader: currently reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
  • Yay! Parcel from FeelUnique arrived on my birthday (haul post coming up soon, don't miss out)


Shoefie of the day, sorry that I can't show you my whole outfit. I'm so bad at taking pictures I'm unable to get the right angle for that.


After finishing work at 14:30 my mom took us (the hubby, her boyfriend and me) to a Thai Restaurant. 


Prawn Ceviche: so delicious and refreshing I could have had the same dish for my main course and for dessert!


Thai beer: it was so hot outside that it was warm within a few minutes (or that was my excuse for drinking it in two gulps).


 Main course: tasty and spicy duck with white rice. Of course my mom had to take whatever I was having, as she usually does #copycat.


After lunch I invited them all to coffee at D.Origen Coffee Roasters:



  • Forgot to take a pic before eating my Affogato coffee: vanilla ice cream with a shot of expresso
  • Coffee roaster machine
  • Brand logo
  • Terrace seating

My mom ordered the same (lol), Dougie chose a berry banana smoothie and the hubby a strawberry madness smoothie.


My mom always gets me some flowers for my birthday and yellow flowers are my fave.

Lots of love to y'all for being here with me on this special day, I really appreciate it,