5 August 2015

Birthday haul: Milani & Rimmel


Dear readers,

Back in February I decided to go on a long term spending ban (6 months without buying make up) and this month it finally reached its end. As my birthday is on August 3rd I decided to give myself a double treat. I've never tried anything by Milani so I went over to Maquillalia.com and ordered a few items.



I've been hearing such good things about the Luminoso baked powder blush by Milani that it was the first item that I put in my online shopping basket.


On the first day wearing it I wasn't so impressed but today I'm beginning to see why it's everyone's favourite. It's a bit powdery as you can see from the swatch here above so you have to be very careful when applying it but it blends beautifully. At first I was a bit scared of the colour but after blending it with my Real Techniques multi task brush it looked perfect.


I tend to reach for cool toned eyeshadows but I can't get over how gorgeous Kathleen Lights looks like when she applies warm shades to her eyes so I finally decided on the Bella Mandarin eyeshadow by Milani. It's nothing like any eye shadow I have so I thought it would be the perfect addition to my collection. As you can see from the swatch below it's a more of a golden orange than the Luminoso blush and less powdery. 


Until I get my hands on the Charlotte Tilbury lipliner in Pillow Talk I thought I'd try this one out. It's one of those transparent coloured lipliners that you can use with any shade lipstick. The only downside I see with this product is that you can't overline your lips to make them fuller-looking as you won't see a thing. Not a problem for me, though, as I like to stay within the natural lip contour.


At first I thought I'd make a mistake when ordering but soon I noticed that they'd thrown this in as a gift for my purchase: Revolution Amazing Volume mascara in Black.


Luckily, it features a regular bristle wand, my favourite to add volume to my lashes.


Lipsticks was not something I could be bothered with until recently. Lip glosses, on the other hand where my elevator buddies. As I'm always running late I used to finish my make up in the elevator on the way down. I've been making an effort to include this extra step to my routine but I didn't have many to choose from. They were having a 3 for 2 offer in Rimmel products at FeelUnique.com so I grabbed a few lippies and another cult product: the Wake Me Up concealer.


From left to right the lipsticks in: Kate 107, Kate 30, 066 Heather Shimmer, Kate 38 and Kate 03.

I got the Wake Me Up concealer in the shade 030 Classic Beige. I've used it only once but I think I may like it better than the Maybelline Age Rewind, I'll keep you posted.


A round of applause to Feel Unique for the packaging. The plastic cover protects the items inside during their bumpy ride from the UK to Spain. It also took them less than a week to deliver it.


What should I get next? Any recommendations? Please share below,