8 August 2015

Summer faves #4: Skincare


Dear readers,

Summer is slowly coming to an end and I couldn't be more happy. This has been the hottest summer that I can think of. Usually I don't want summer to ever end for being a Leo, the sun is our ruling planet. But before the summer's over let me share with y'all what products I've been enjoying using:


Caudalie Premier Crue The Elixir oil serum.

My most recent addition, I was using a different night serum by Olay that I mentioned in my July empties. Although I've only used it for over a week I can't get over how nice this smells and feels. I have very oily skin but I don't mind using face oils at night time. This has a dropper and you only need 3 to 4 drops on the palm of your hand, you press your palms together and then apply it to your face using patting motions. To me it smells like apple pie, as it's made of grapes it may give out some sort of raisin scent and, what's an apple pie without raisins?

Caudalie Premier Crue The Elixir oil serum.

Enzymion facial moisturizer by LUSH.

I was given a sample some time ago and I loved it so much that I got the full size tub last time I went into a Lush store. It's such a lightweight formula it resembles water, for us with oily skin this is a gift sent from heaven. 

Enzymion facial moisturizer by LUSH

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate.

For a special treatment after I've given myself a good exfoliating I pamper myself with this serum. I've been using the regular Advance Night Repair serum for years and when I saw this concentrate version on sale I grabbed the chance to try it out. The formula is more dense so it comes with a dropper instead of a pump but it quickly sinks into the skin leaving it velvety to the touch.

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate.

Origins Plantscription Anti-aging eye cream.

This is my first contact with the brand, I was in the market for an anti-aging targeted eye cream as I felt the ones I were using before weren't powerful enough, if you know what I mean. Not sure if I really need this considering the fact that I'm very oily around the eye area as well but, better safe than sorry. I'm getting closer to 50 by the day and I want to avoid any fine lines around my eye area for as long as possible. I'm very afraid of needles, so no botox for me and I'm scared to death of getting any type of surgery.

At first sight this seems like a thick cream but you only need the tiniest amount as it melts into the fingers and spreads like a serum. I use this only in the morning under my eyes, on my lips and around my mouth. At night I'm using a different eye cream as it's such a creamy formula that I don't like it for day time.

Origins Plantscription Anti-aging eye cream.

Vitamin C Skin Boost serum by The Body Shop.

This comes with a convenient pump, so as to keep the vitamin C from oxidizing. With one pump I have enough to cover my whole face and neck area. It gives the feeling of smoothing out the skin, kind of like a face primer. It has a faint citrus scent that I particularly enjoy but it fades as soon as you've finished applying it.

Vitamin C Skin Boost serum by The Body Shop.

You may also like:


What are your summer essentials?