12 August 2015

Summer faves #5: Hair


Dear readers,

I already dedicated a few posts to my hair problems and I even shared my no-poo challenge experience with y'all. But in case you missed those I'll quickly tell you about my hair: I barely have any, it's very fine, it won't grow past a certain length and, on top of that all, it's oily. The no-poo challenge helped me cut back from 4 washes per week to only 2. After using the bicarb + apple cider vinegar washing method for 3 months straight, I switched my regular hair washing products to those that are free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates and sodium chloride as they are really damaging to the hair, well not per se, but I won't go into that in this post. 

Summer faves #5: Haircare

Alterna Bamboo Color Hold+ with UV Shield Shampoo.

I loved this shampoo from the very first time I used it. The packaging is the best I've come across. It has a good grip so it won't slip your fingers and the twisty top is perfect to squeeze out the right amount of product and close it without having the cap coming off and rolling away. The shampoo itself is a dense gel that quickly foams up. I don't like those with watery formulas where you need half a bottle before they start to lather up. I purchased this not long ago alongside the matching conditioner but I'm sad to say that it didn't work out for me, it added a lot of frizz to my hair and it didn't feel softening at all. But I already found an alternative way to use the conditioner, though: it makes a superb shaving cream!

Alterna Bamboo Color Hold+ with UV Shield Shampoo

Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Rinse.

I'd forgotten how amazing this conditioner is until I switched back from the Alterna Bamboo one. I've been using this for two years now thanks to a recommendation by Casey Holmes. My hair is silky soft after using this so I'm never ever going to try anything else. I suppose we'll see about that, won't we?

Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Rinse

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque.

If the moisturizing rinse is amazing this is the Bomb.com, really! A little goes a long way, I've had this 100ml tube for over a year and still have a lot left. Of course I don't use it every time I wash my hair but still. I'm only using it when I want to give my hair an extra treat, that's about twice a month. I suppose it must be heaven for those with drier hair. Have any of you tried it? It's worth every penny.

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

H'suan Wen Hua hair treatment by Lush.

For those of you who have jumped on the conditioning before shampooing trend this must be your cult product. If not, it should be. It's a very thick and kind of sweet smelling cream that you put onto your dry hair and leave it in for 20 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing as usual. I can't say I'm digging this trend, I still feel that I need a conditioner afterwards but hey, kudos if it works for you!

H'suan Wen Hua hair treatment by Lush

As for other hair related products I'll leave you a few posts I wrote about different topics:

You may also like:

Don't miss my next post, Saturday 15th. I'll be having a special treat for y'all!