14 September 2015

Mani Monday: Autumn nails


Dear readers,

Last week I talked about my Essie nail polishes and I featured this shade here below called Chinchilly. Although we still have quite warm weather over here (up to 30ÂșC) I'm in mood for more Fall appropriate manicures. 
This picture clearly depicts how well the Essie nail polish has worn, it's been 8 days and it hasn't chipped the tiniest bit. If I hadn't promised myself to start off posting these Mani Monday series I wouldn't have taken this off. It's such a gorgeous shade that I'm sure going to wear a lot during Autumn and Winter. 
Today I was in the mood of one of my favourite Fall colour: yellow mustard. This shade is from the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in GNP 31. I could have done only one coat, that's how pigmented and opaque this polish is but I went for the usual two coats. I tried to make them thin but with this formula it's hard to achieve and I struggled a bit as I have a bad eye infection (my first one ever!) since Saturday and it doesn't seem to get better.
As per usual I used my current favourite base and top coat by O.P.I. I've used Seche Vite in the past but it's just too gluey for my taste and I hate working with it. I always try to be very patient when doing my nails as I'm quite a klutz so I don't mind waiting for them to dry properly.
Before filing my nails I let them soak for a few minutes in this cuticle oil by China Glaze. It smells delicious and is very nourishing. I assume it will last me for ages as I've had it for quite some time but it doesn't seem to have been used at all. 
And this is the finished look, depending on how the light hits the nails they seem a warm gold or a mustard.

Are you excited for Fall? Tell me in the comment section below.